Contact Me

Monday, September 16, 2024

Refunds

 The biggie of the day was getting $49 back on online orders. Now, I only have one more to fix. 

I was awake all night--26 hours and then could only sleep for four hours. I had a bit of tuna salad on sandwich while waiting for dinner to cook--chicken, mixed greens. I will have an apple in a bit. 

When I awoke, my heart was doing something weird for about five hours. Neither the oximeter or blood pressure cuff gave me clues. Finally, things in my chest settled down. 

Just now, I found out the eggs have been boiling for over two hours because "you did not tell me to take them off." sigh He is so good at this cooking, but sometimes....

I also tried Thredup for clothing, and no luck. Well, maybe what I want is there, but the way things were listed, it was hard to find things. Besides, there seemed to be a million things even though I had narrowed my search. 

Tommy and I were enthralled by a PBS special about wild horses. There was a book I thought Tommy would like for $84. After checking Amazon, I found it could be purchased new for $23. I am amazed. It was not here a week later. Finally, I decided maybe I did not order it, just thought I did. No, it was ordered and won't be here until the middle of October. Have you ever purchased anything from Amazon and had to wait so long? 

Cleaner is coming again tomorrow. 

When I decided people were in offices, I started making phone calls. In fifteen minutes, I had completed my business at 5 places, all on the phone. Then, I tried once again to sleep. Of course, as I said, no luck in sleeping department. 

After the doctor tweaking Tommy's medicine, his Dexcom G7 rarely alerts us to high or low blood sugar. Maybe I said that before. 

Sitting here, I saw something flit right by my head. I was a little horrified and tried to find what it was, thinking it might be close by still. Silly me, a floater scared me! I had not seen one in ages. 

Do you have floaters? Has one ever frightened you? 

Have you had any Amazon order take a month? 

Do you see books sold on PBS that are sold more cheaply online? 

It's midnight, and I am fading. Maybe I can sleep.

8 comments:

  1. I often catch things from the corner of my eye but I always think they are imaginary. I don't think I've ever seen floaters.
    I can't remember if I ever bought anything from Amazon, I try not to but who wouldn't use Amazon for $50 less?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure i commented here. Never mind, I only said that I don't think i have ever used Amazon and I often imagine I see things from the corner of my eye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I am quite sure they are floaters. The eye doctor does not volunteer these things. I had to ask. I have a huge one in left eye that I have not seen in years. After my fright, I realized what I saw...lol.

      Delete
    2. kylie,
      You did comment right after I went to bed.

      Delete
  3. I have purchased a few items from thredup. I found to narrow it down I type in search exactly what I am looking for including color and brand. The items have came in excellent condition and everything is nicely packaged and easy returns. I check Thriftbooks.com before I purchase a book anywhere else.
    https://www.thriftbooks.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=us_search_brand&utm_adgroup=&utm_term=thriftbooks&utm_content=597822490930&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw0aS3BhA3EiwAKaD2ZRFLgfuLpG91jyo6zvVMrlFG4IuE00UZVhnd9a0Q6nszR4FIfRDq6BoCjG0QAvD_BwE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HHH,
      I typed in everything but the color since I can use other than black that I actually want. I will go back and try putting in a color. Thanks.
      I have never looked on Thriftbooks. Maybe I will just cancel the other book if I can find the book about horses on there. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I have had floaters for years. They can be startling at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Before I knew what they were, they did frighten me. After that, it was just annoying. I don't think I have seen a floater for several years. This was was/is quite large.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.