Contact Me

Monday, September 9, 2024

Good Things Come to Those Who Cake


The above was on the birthday card from Janet. Thanks, Janet!  She knows me well. Well, I did cake! And, I lost another pound. 

 I survived!

Despite having only two nights' sleep last night and a grueling doctor visit all the way across Birmingham, I think I might be getting better. 

This affliction has not caused my temperature to rise. Neck hurt one day. I had a few of my normal sneezing fits. Once in a while, I coughed a week little clearing-my-throat cough. Other than that, I have been almost to the point of not being able to walk, wobbly, weak, pain all over. I truly hope whatever it is going away. 

As you may remember, besides the gifts for my birthday, I had food visits planned. Tuesday, when I was in Publix, I decided that over the weekend, I would get Chicken Mushroom Wild Rice from Publix soup bar. It was on their chart for Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday. I was so ill on Saturday and decided today was the day. No soup for me! It did not come in. So, I wanted something. Tommy suggested ice cream cone. 

Then, he mentioned DQ and I wanted a Blizzard. He usually gets me a small because I want a 'small one.' That is not smallest! This time I said 'tiniest' one. The mini was what I wanted--something that was chocolate twice. It was $4.97 for the 6 oz. mini. There are 128 ounces in a gallon. That makes 21 mini servings in a gallon. So $4.97 x 21= $104.37/gal. Can you imagine anything so expensive??? I think this is the first Blizzard I have had in over a year. 

Sunday, I had my taste buds set for the soup that was not there on Saturday, Tommy brought it out and vegetable soup for him. It was so delicious! Free from Publix for my birthday, I received a bar cake. Carrot Cake. 

Today, after Tommy's appointment, we had a Chic-fil-A sandwich, no pickle. He asked for mustard for me. I heard him ask twice. I didn't say anything because I figured maybe they had no mustard. Gues what? They do! He, of course, swears he said "honey mustard." grrr

Because of the four-day holiday, Tommy was without his Dexcom G7 for a week. Then, because of incorrect information, he had to pay $150.00 for one sensor that lasts 10 days! Because Tommy does not give complete information, I chimed in. Based on what I said, she reversed what she had just said. He does not realize what is relevant information. 

When she heard from me what his breakfast is, she vetoed that because his blood sugar was rising too much eating Honey Nut Cheerios and milk. She told him to eat an egg. I told her he does not like egg. So, she said to eat cottage cheese. No, he hates that. So, she told me to find a protein he would eat and give him that...lol. When I lived alone, I would grab and small bit of chicken breast about two thumb sized piece. It worked for me. He is not too eager to eat that. I asked her what would work, something he could carry with him in the car. She suggested protein bars or protein shakes. 

I have been telling him for years that his breakfast makes his blood sugar rise too high! 

In the car I mentioned protein bites with oats, chocolate, peanut butter and whatever. He said it did not sound good. I would love those. I refuse to put chia in mine, but he might like chia. 

They copied his receiver information and he turned in his food log. I told her when we at popcorn, it was free of salt or butter. She said what mattered was how much he ate. He put down everything he ate, but he left off amounts. 

So maybe Tommy learned something from the exchanges between the doctor and myself. I told him I would get him a smaller cereal bowl. He said he would just eat less. Well, I am trying to get rid of the Cool Whip Bowl that he never washes, just stores it and the spoon in the refrigerator. I tried for about 3 years to get him to change bowls. Maybe I need to get a Dr. Who bowl for him. 

I need a nap, but, I need to cook chicken before it goes off. Two quarts of strawberries are waiting, too. 

I wore pants I ordered from eBay and love them. From Walmart I ordered two nightgowns and a bathrobe. The bathrobe smells of chemical. One nightgown does not fit. One, I love. So, those two pieces must go back. The other nightgown is okay. (I tried it on and it is nice and long, love it. The fabric for Tommy's curb chairs came and is great. I may order some from this place to upholster my kitchen chairs. When all is said and done, I suppose these four chairs will cost about $40. I had to have new seat bottoms cut, bought this material, and will need to purchase padding for the chairs since the other was about 50 years old and rotten. Four years ago, I paid $20 for someone to cut four new chair bottoms since the others were pressed wood and disintegrating. 

Okay, I slept only three hours. I feel almost fully recovered from this sinus problem. It is almost 10 pm. I just gt up. I have to sleep well tonight. 

I told Tommy I want a new, large tv for the living room. He has been adamant that is not happening. So, I told him I want another necklace from Jared's or a new tv. My birthday is Wednesday, so we will see. I would not claim the tv, just have access to something larger than the 32" tv that is sitting very and low hard to see. Oh, I want it hung on the wall, too, for easy viewing. Plus, I have stumbled toward the tv many times. Once, I even touched it, grabbing it for support and righting it. Besides, I have a console table I want to put on that wall that is so much nicer than the very short coffee table on which the tv sits. 

I do want to eat at Cracker Barrel and get the four meals for $5 each. Or, maybe it is another place. 

Oh, I am tired of his dragging his feet on car purchase! Football has started and he informed me on Friday when Auburn was playing on Saturday. I told him if he cannot plan and carry through on car shopping, we will go whenever, even during Auburn games. This will assure he plans! Football games will be my nap time. 

Okay, need to go plate my dinner. 

Do you have any recipes for protein bites/bars? I want ones you have tried. 


6 comments:

  1. The banana split blizzard at DQ is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chocolate strawberry Blizzard. There is a BOGO on the app right now. Any size.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      That sounds delicious. I don't remember seeing that. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I have a protein shake for breakfast - mine is Fairlife brand - 30g of protein and 2 g sugar - 150 calories. Many flavors and only has the be refrigerated if you don't finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani,
      Thanks for the info. I will definitely check that.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.