Contact Me

Friday, September 13, 2024

Yellow

                                                                  


 my yellow countertop

I was not connected to the internet and did not know why. So, Tommy called provider. At some point I told him to get them to connect the new router they sent via Amazon or someone. He came today and had the job done quickly. He then spent time at the box outdoors. Now, we have 5G. Before, we had 2G and 5G. I have no idea what the deal was. Since I only got up from a nap because the tech arrived, I had no questions. 

Tommy told me the neighbor's roof was peeled back. I was shocked and went to the door to see. When the tech came and said he was going to the end of house, I asked him if he would go back far enough into the backyard and see if he could see roof damage. He could see no damage.

The weather guy said we only had 1/2 inch today. Amazing when it was supposed to be stormy and rainy. More will be coming. So far, I have not been aware of wind around here. I did notice that LA is rather clear of rain or any evidence of the hurricane when I look at a weather map. 

Last night, I went to bed before 2 am, early for me. Then, I slept only two hours and was wide awake. I think it was shortly before noon I could sleep. Then, I got up after the guy came, and was back in bed by 3:30 pm.. I awoke at 6 or so. This pattern leaves me less productive and frazzled. 

I had baked chicken, slaw, and green beans, a meal I love. Tommy had meatballs with spaghetti sauce over them, slaw, and green beans and an apple. Maybe he had potatoes and carrots. I will have an apple later. 

Maybe this malaise is part of recovery. I did get lots of clutter cleared from around my chair. Each time I left the room, I took something with me. I can really tell the difference in level of chaos. The table is visible!

Yesterday, I mentioned again this month about painting the kitchen. He just sort of agreed. Then, I showed him a paint sample card and said I thought this would be cheery and add light. It was Valspar 3011-1 Yellow Chimes. He thought that would be too much yellow on the walls. (I was thinking maybe brighter would be better.

In my house I had a yellow counter and yellow floors and loved both! The yellow floors had white sponge marks. I cannot stand a butter yellow, just the lemon yellow. You may not have liked my yellow counters! You can say so now and not disparage something right in my house.

Understand that would mean painting the cheap paneling. Before, he had become angry, saying it would look horrible to paint the paneling. Now, he is okay with painting paneling. This is a good development since the kitchen is so dark and dingy, even with one light fixture. Progress is slow around here. Three weeks ago, I left a note on woman's house next door, asking her to ask son about electrician. Nothing. 

The cleaner is set to come tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed. 

How is the tornado affecting your area? I hope no tornados.

Have you ever had someone take a message or leave a message and totally screw it up? 




11 comments:

  1. The yellow countertop is bright and cheery. I do the same thing with decluttimg, I take one thing with me every time I leave the room. It works wonders and eventually gets the job done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      The flowers were from dumpster diving. One thing at a time is all I can manage some days.

      Delete
  2. Our kitchen growing up was bright yellow - always cheery looking.
    Glad you got your internet upgraded - that should make things quicker.
    Any word on the dogs next door?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house before the yellow kitchen was a dreary parsonage. This house was all mine!

      No word, but I was too ill to enquire.

      Delete
    2. I grew up in a home with yellow walls and yellow & maroon tile counters. In later years my mother did a small remodel and changed out the tile. I can't remember what color the kitchen was in the first house we owned. I did have a hand me down pink refrigerator that didn't match anything.

      Delete
    3. Janet,
      I am glad someone else had a yellow kitchen! I would love to have a pink refrigerator. I would decorate around a pink refrigerator.

      Delete
    4. Janet,
      I am glad someone else had a yellow kitchen! I would love to have a pink refrigerator. I would decorate around a pink refrigerator.

      Delete
  3. Wow going from 2g to 5g will be a super fast change!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother had a yellow and orange kitchen for a while. It was east-facing, so it was pretty cheerful in the morning.

    Interestingly enough, the walls of my kitchen pare a pale yellow, to go with the orange/yellow mexican tile floors. Funny how that color scheme came back into my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      The kitchen had lots of light in the morning even though that is where the sun set. The yellow helped me to wake up.

      It seems trends return, hopefully for the better for some.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.