Contact Me

Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Up and Down; Back and Forth; A Big Mistake

 Tuesday night, I felt awful and went to bed at about 8 pm. I awoke about 2 and had gerd and hiccups. This lasted until 6 am when I went back to bed. I think I awoke around 11 am. feeling much better except for being tired. Then, I started feeling worse. There seems to be no rhyme or reason for how I feel. 

At Sam's on Saturday, I searched for something high protein for a snack for Tommy in the car. I chose Carnation Breakfast Essentials. Well, I chose the wrong thing as I searched and read labels. I have no idea what I meant to get, but not this. First, I was trying to get something not liquid. 

I tried one when I was not hungry and put it in the refrigerator. telling Tommy he could drink it. He hates it.

Today, I drank one before we went out to get the ads. The weather today was spectacular, bright, few clouds in blue skies. It had rained earlier but had all dried off. 

We got ads and I bought zucchini and yellow squash at The Pig. I also bought a gift--Pig Foot socks. 

As we started home, we decided to go to Bessemer to an expensive but delicious lunch. Not happening, so we started home. My stomach was upset with all the additives in the Carnation. The rumbling continued and the cramps caused me to scream and moan. 

Finally, we arrived home. I could barely walk but was faster than Tommy, so unlocked door, made my visit and went to bed trembling. After an hour I had not slept at all, quit trembling, and got up. I will never drink any more of the Carnation! Gums make me very sick. I won't make that mistake again!

After we watched Jeopardy, I made the two small casseroles, one for each of us--shredded chicken, rice unsalted chicken soup, rice, water, frozen broccoli, onion powder and garlic powder. Mine also had cheese and pimiento. I thought I had mushrooms to add, but no luck. Tommy said he wanted carrots in his, but I forgot until just now. He hates and cheese on chicken, hates pimiento, too. These will be personalized dinners for tonight and tomorrow night. And, we will both have what we want. Salad was good with this.

I used one medium-sized bscb that was frozen from last week. This one piece of meat will make two meals for two of us, four meals in all. 

Wednesday was a low-key day, okay with me. 

The slightly cooler temps and rain have encouraged my flowers to bloom. Next year, I hope to have flowers and trees in the ground. Temperatures are ranging from mid 80s to low 70s. 

Are you expecting storms or rain from Helene? It seems here the problems will be less than predicted. 



2 comments:

  1. I can't drink the Carnation drinks either as they make me sick too. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.