Contact Me

Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Wednesday, Ads, Movie

 Wednesday, we both had a doctor's appointment. The podiatrist trims our toenails and tells us how our feet are doing. Tommy is treated to a vibrating trim. I hate it because it hurts me so. She just gouges, pulls, and digs out the ingrown toenails. I highly approve. Once that was done, I went to Lowe's to talk to someone about an electrician. She was not there. 

As soon as the doctor came into the room, she said, "Oh, you have lost weight!" No, I had not, not one ounce. It was the outfit I was wearing, the striped pants and top. They are tighter than when I bought them five years ago. Still, they are loose and flattering. I was pleased and flattered by her comment. Now, I need to lose weight. I have an event next year where I would prefer to be lighter

While walking down an aisle in Lowe's, I saw a man approaching that looked very capable. I stopped him and spoke. He said he was a carpenter but could put in a light fixture. Daddy could safely put in a light fixture, so I was going to let him. Tommy said no. So, the search is still on. 

I bought a medallion to put above the chandelier in the dining room. Tommy has an Auburn banner that needs a dowel to hang. I cannot seem to find a ready-made one. I can stain it, make a notch on each end, and attach appropriate cord to hang. He has had it ten months just folded up. And, he got to pick out his gift with no input from me. 

Today, the heat index was over 100F at 7 pm. I need to paint the mailbox and have the urge but not the motivation with the heat so high. There was no rain today, thankfully. I want to paint the post black and the box red. This is in prep for Christmas. Besides, no one else has a red mailbox on this street or anywhere nearby.

For lunch today, I ate a portion of the bscb with the last half of a tomato and a bit of MW. The tomato chopped was almost a cupful. Amazing. The tomatoes are huge and juicy. Also, I had a half of a banana. I was satiated until 5 pm. 

We cooked 6 bscb and I froze 3. We prepared carrots and potatoes. He put them in the chicken broth in the crockpot. Almost an hour later, they were still hard and we were hungry. So, they are in the oven now. 

We collected the three ads today. I shopped in The Pig and Publix. I found Special K cheaper than bogo at Public by shopping at the Pig. They forgot to give me my 5% discount for being a senior and shopping on Wednesday. I bought very little--Special K, bread, and discounted salad that looked very fresh. I bought bananas and ice cream at Publix.

It hurts Tommy to get in and out of the car so many times, plus walking in the store. I felt well, plus my hair was clean and I was dressed to go inside. 

We will go through the ads more thoroughly and make a list to shop further. I need to find bscb at a price that suits me. I still hope to find it for $1.99/lb. We still have some in freezer, but I need to keep the supply stocked. 

Inside The Pig was shocking. Almost half the store was torn apart while they are getting it ready for sharing the store with Ace Hardware. I wonder if they will cut down on the number of food items they will carry. 

Dinner tonight was chicken, carrots, potatoes. I also had five strawberries. 

Tonight, we watched The Manchurian Candidate, a real shocker. Have you ever seen this movie? 

Feels like temp on Thursday will be between 105F and 110F. Wow. 

The Pig in Cullman has an Ace section. It is not nearly as large as the one here. 

Did you ever see a man in Lowe's or elsewhere who just looked capable? 

Do you shop at a Piggly Wiggly where Ace Hardware is sharing the space?

Are you always on the lookout for cheap protein of choice? 

6 comments:

  1. Manchurian Candidate is one of my favorite movies. We do not have Piggly Wiggle stores here, although there is an Ace Hardware in with a local grocery store one town over. Good luck finding an electrician. Same here, as they only want the big jobs with the housing boom here. They have become very independent and snooty. If the wiring is already set up in your kitchen, a good handyman could do it. Ask at the building supply stores or Ace Hardware. Tommy might have to lower his expectations some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never seen the movie. The last two shots were familiar, so maybe I had seen the ending waiting on another movie.
      I forgot about my new favorite hardware, locally owned with owner working there. We will try that if I cannot convince Tommy to use this guy. I am not going for cheap with an electrician but he is charging $50 each. I hope that is taking down and putting up. The other guy charges $40 for taking down and $40 for the installation, so $80. That is$150 vs $240. I cannot believe that in all his 40+ years here, he has never used an electrician. Of course, when things quit working, he just lets them stay that way.

      Delete
  2. Next week Lidl will have bscb for 1.49 a pound. I have not seen that price in maybe a few years! Time to get out the canner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      Thanks! Good to know. I wonder what store near Birmingham, AL. I would certainly buy lots.

      Delete
  3. The closest Lidl to us is right outside of Atlanta. The next time we are there I am going to make it a point to check out the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I doubt I will ever be going to Atlanta, even though in the past I went there. Once, I bought a load of frozen chicken. I got a box from the store and they bagged ice not meant to be consumed for me. I made it home with about 20 lbs of frozen bscb. Thanks.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.