Contact Me

Friday, July 26, 2024

Duck, Duck, Geese and Car Dealer

 


These four concrete geese are dressed for every season. I did not take this picture. There are more, but I am too tired to post them. Maybe one of the others of  single goose will be better. 

Today, I went to cardio and talked to two nurses. I received the Holter monitor and found out important things about my heart condition. Too tired to type it. 

We went to a car dealership to buy two cars. They would not come down a dime on the listed prices. So, that is that! We will keep trying. 

Dinner was spaghetti that Tommy made all by himself. I told him what to put in but did not step foot in the kitchen. 

Thursday night, I went to bed at 8:30 pm, so tired I could barely walk. I woke at 2:30 am, stayed up until 4 am, and then slept until 8 am. 

After that, we went to dealer,  came home and cleaner came for two hours. 

This post has not been edited. 

Shouldn't a dealer come down some on listed price on a used car? 

8 comments:

  1. Yes, if they want to make the sale, they need to be willing to dicker with the prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thanks. That is what people in person are telling me. It is not the only car dealership in town or the state!

      Delete
  2. They don't have to come down because there is a shortage of used cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      I thought there were plenty. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Does Mr. Tommy have a special spaghetti sauce recipe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I have a recipe, but it is too hard for me to make it now. I found a box of Krafts Tangy Spaghetti that is fabulous. I had Tommy chop and brown the meat, put in onions I chopped, open a can of tomato paste, add two cans of water, and the two pouches in the box--one of flavors, the other of cheese. Stir it. Don't burn it. Then, I gave him directions for cooking the pasta all by himself. It was delicious. He has never, ever made spaghetti before.

      Delete
  4. Both the new and used car markets are so hot right now, that they do not 'have' to come down any on their asking prices. A while back, hubby bought a truck and they literally wouldn't even sell it to him without a trade in. He had at least five offers from friends to purchase his truck, but he wouldn't have been able to get the new one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I know they don't 'have' to, but it is usual. We will not trade either of the cars. They drove a hard bargain with you. He must have let them know how much he wanted for the truck.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.