Contact Me

Friday, July 12, 2024

I Will Never Cross Another Bridge!

 As I looked through the three ads, I found nothing I wanted except for grapes. Tommy bought bad grapes, so I will get some of these on sale. I want to make it to the farmer's market for tomatoes next Tuesday. In the meantime, maybe I will cook a pound of bacon.

Tonight, I watched Mothman on TV. Tommy asked me if I were sure I could handle it because it was scary. The only thing that scared me was the bridge and the drama before it fell. I love vampire movies. They do not frighten me. This was tame. It did not live up to the hype. 

Today, I managed to get my pool noodle for the lollipops. The pool noodles have been stored in front of the stores. Suddenly, they were out of them. So, I started calling around. I found a Dollar General that had them 2/$1. He groused that it was too far to another I found. So, I told him we could just drive around here and he could get out at every store. It hurts him to get out and pull out his walker from the car. Well, it hurts him to do it over and over. 

He went to one Dollar General and found five noodles, 5 blue and one green. I had him get all of them. They were 3/$1, so cost $2 total.  

Then, we started toward the other one. It was 14 miles round trip. That store had pink and blue, and one green. I had him get 6 pink and 5 blue. I suggested he remind them they were 3 for $1. He did. They charged him $11 but took off a $5 coupon. I am not sure what that is all about. But, they cost $6 for the 11 noodles. Spent $6.  

The four I got before were $1 each so total of $4.  

Now, I have 21 noodles that cost me $12. 

I bought the first four several months ago, thinking I only needed one noodle for a lollipop. After watching several videos on the construction of the lollipops, I realized I was woefully short on noodles. Also, one guy cautioned that the finished lollipop needed to be wrapped in paper to avoid the hot glue melting in the rain. That seems strange. I wonder. 

Today, Tommy took my cc into the PO and bought me three books of Forever Stamps before the price goes up once again. These may be too many, but they last forever, so I can use them until I die, then Tommy or someone else can use them. I bought hummingbirds, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and flags. I may frame the RBG sheet. 

Chef Juls finally has her prize from guessing what kind of rodeo I wanted to attend. I had said in the post that I would find something for a prize. Well, once I had a winner, I felt constrained to find something she would like absolutely. That kind of thinking was a pain. I wanted to buy something. My frugal side kicked in because then I would have to also spend money to mail the prize. So, I went with an egift card from Amazon. But, I never got an email saying Amazon sent it. I never heard from her. Nothing. I emailed her finally and she had gotten nothing. She checked her junk/trash and it went there. So, the prize was a $10 egift card. I know it will fit and be the right color for her. Happy Spending, Julia!

Have you ever seen Mothman? Did it frighten you? Cause nightmares?

Are you making Christmas display for the yard? Ornaments for the tree? Anything Christmas?

Have you bought stamps before the price goes up soon?


8 comments:

  1. I have seen many documentaries on Moth Man, as many claim it is definitely true. I find it intriguing as with stories of all cryptids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I have never seen a documentary about Moth Man. I've only heard brief descriptions that I really wasn't interested in hearing. I find these things hard to believe, but there is something going on. Maybe we will know someday.

      Delete
  2. That was a good price you found on the pool noodles. I've not looked at the sale ads yet this week, but I need to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Considering they were about $4 other places, I was pleased.

      Delete
  3. I try to keep stocked up on the forever stamps (not that I use very many) and if I'm getting low buy before they go up. My mom had a bunch of forever stamps when I moved her, so after she wasn't able to mail stuff anymore, I just took them to use. Since we aren't very close to the post office, I just order them from the USPS website.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I really don't need stamps right now, but I try to buy before they go up. I live one mile from the PO, so that is easy.

      Delete
  4. I sometimes by Mothman coffee. from Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur-spo,
      I never knew there was such a thing.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.