Contact Me

Sunday, July 28, 2024

Flooding, Deluge, Electrician, Cars

                                                                 Better goose picture

 Friday, cleaner came. Tommy made the spaghetti sauce from a box with my direction. It was delicious, but I had no Kraft's Parmesan in the green container. So, I had to eat freshly grated Romano. It was disappointing without cheese I wanted.

The cleaner was here with fresh surgery for her trigger thumb.  I never knew it had a name, but I had the same condition. I just slammed my thumb against my leg to loosen it so it would bend. It horrified her to hear it. It shocked other people, too, when I did this. 

Saturday, Tommy and I made a little progress with getting things out of the way so the electrician could put up three fixtures. I went to bed at 8:30, around the time I would have posted. Of course, I only slept until 2:30. I think I finally went back to bed around 4 am and woke at 9 am this morning, Sunday. 

I did not nap Friday, Saturday, or Sunday--amazing.

Tommy and I took things off the table behind sink, in window and both sides of the sink. We sat and waited, and the electrician never came. No response to my calls. I am so frosted over this. Just before 1 pm today, Tommy could not find the third fixture. So, we went about 4 to Lowe's, one that has better help and selection, I hear. 

As we went South, it appeared a storm was brewing. I told him to get off at University drive and it would be easy to turn around. NOOOO, he knew an easier place to turn around about five miles south, right into the storm. We could barely see to drive. Then, when he turned to go home, the storm was worse! We finally got back to our Lowe's and I bought a fixture and bulbs. We wanted bread, so went to Publix the long way! The rain was coming, so I just said to go home without bread. 

Tommy said he would go in. The rain got worse and worse! Finally, he came out with a guy holding an umbrella over the two of them. The rain was so severe that we could not see through the windshield as we sat. Out the side windows we could not see out of the parking lot. We sat for one hour. He was so wet and cold that he used a piece of material to keep him warm and we turned off the ac.  It was barely sprinkling when we decided to come home. 

On the way home, we passed over a drainage ditch/creek that usually has about a foot of water. Now, it was up to the bridge over five feet higher. It was scary. The entrance to the neighborhood was flooded with maybe ten inches of water. Thankfully, our neighborhood is higher. On the crawl at the top of the TV screen, Hueytown was listed as a place with danger of flooding. I have never seen this town listed in flood warnings. 

We still have not gotten our purchases from the car. Oh, I bought one under-the-counter light. If I like it, we will get one more. 

Saturday, I wanted a BLT. I had one and then the filling for another. It was all so delicious. Today, that is why we wanted bread--so we could have another BLT. Bacon is all eaten, but we have delicious tomatoes that will make a great tomato sandwich. 

Now, we need to find two more cars like the one place had that we wanted. However, I will not sign in and give my name, address, zip code and phone number to look. 

It is almost 9 pm, and I think I cannot stay up one more minute. Tomorrow, I will tell you about the cardiologist visit. 

I am still fretting over those two cars. We could knuckle under and buy them, but I don't want to do that. Should I give in and not get anything off, and just buy them? 

Tomorrow, I will search for new electrician. Plus, we need to move things so we can function in the kitchen. I will press on with the car search. 

Are you watching the Olympics? 

4 comments:

  1. When we lived in PA we got caught in a flash flood one time and it was SOOOO frightening how fast that water rose. Driving in rain and/or snow is so scary to me now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      Some experiences are traumatizing. I do understand. I have had a few traumas myself.

      Delete
  2. I say stick to your guns. When the right deal comes along you will know it.
    Good luck with the lights.
    No Olympics here - not into sports at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl,
    I am still fretting over the cars! But, we will be okay eventually.
    I need to get another electrician!
    I only like certain events, so we just watch something else.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.