Contact Me

Monday, July 15, 2024

Amazon Prices

 Sunday night/Monday morning, I ordered a Stihl mini chainsaw, 6". Tommy will use it on a dogwood tree that is half dead. A larger tree fell on it and broke it. The story is hazy. Half the tree is short and bushy, whereas the other half is spindly and lives. Only one half has flowers. It is ridiculous looking. I have no idea how much it would cost to have mower prune it away. But, we have got this. 

Saturday, I looked it up. The price was something like $1,200. You read that correctly. This was the cheapest chainsaw I found. Others were upward from there. I have no idea what happened to Amazon. I had two things in the cart. Both were gone. 

The chainsaw was $59, and I got a discount making it $40. So, we don't have to use this much to get our money's worth. He is strong enough to handle it. It is cordless/battery operated. 

Sunday, we returned a blouse that did not fit, bought paper towels, three 70-sheet college ruled spiral notebooks. Looked for the Stihl chainsaw at Lowe's. Publix--milk for both of us, grapes, two more bags of coleslaw bogo. 

We rarely use paper towels, so this 6-pack should last a year or more. The other day, we had no paper towels, so I had Tommy heat the last chicken nugget on a Kleenex that he folded. Well, the Kleenex was black and the burn smell lingered for hours! He did heat it for way too long. It was like a rock. We often used just a quarter of a paper towel. One day, I had him microwave chicken nuggets on a dishcloth. That seemed weird. But, it worked and we could wash the dishcloth.

In the afternoon I cut up two bell peppers, one bag for freezer and a lesser amount for the refrigerator. Then, while I napped, he ate. He said he used some tomato, onions I had chopped, and bell peppers to make a salad. He will eat things if I have it all cut and ready. Or, he will make a wrap if we have wraps. 

I am still working, albeit slowly, on putting away stuff dug out when we decluttered. With the lamp in the kitchen, I can even see well enough in the kitchen to wash up the Tupperware I bought. I know there is nothing dirty on it to wash off, but I cannot stand and do things in the dark. Call me spoiled, but I like light. 

The forecast this next week is rain every day. Hopefully, some of those days will just be spotty or not for our location. I have things I need to do! 

Dinner--chicken, slaw. I will probably have slaw every day this next week, and that is a good thing. 

Did you look on Amazon and find exorbitant prices on Saturday? I kept trying again and again to determine if I had the right Amazon. This $40 chainsaw was over $1200. 

6 comments:

  1. I bought a mini chainsaw last year (probably around €80) and I LOVE it. We women (well most of us) just don't have the strength to handle the bigger heavy equipment. I'm going to be doing a lot "chainsawing" this autumn, and will probably convince my now-widowed neighbour to get one (something like "duelling chainsaws")!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is only 2.5 pounds, and I am sure I could not handle even that. When I had bushes, I loved a lopper. Of course, they were not used for anything larger than 1/2 inch. You could have fun with neighbor and dueling chainsaws.

      Delete
  2. I don't shop Amazon - but $1200 for a chainsaw is crazy! Someone trying to make a small fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      It had to be a big mistake! I just wondered if only my computer was involved in this snafu.

      Delete
  3. why don't you just microwave the food on a plate? that's what I always use. Sometimes I use a paper towel to cover the top of the food, if it might splatter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one,
      We were using a plate. We just used cloth instead of paper. The nuggets are very wet. We had no paper towels. I had him put a saucer over it to reduce spatters.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.