Contact Me

Monday, July 29, 2024

Car and Nightmare

 Monday, I received a call from the dealership asking for Mrs. (my maiden name).  I was confused. They could not explain how they got my name. They asked what my last name was now. I just refused and asked what she wanted. The salesman wanted us to come in and talk with him. I checked with Tommy and said 1pm. We arrived and they wanted us to come inside. We would not and they were not happy. I was told to call a certain number for him. No, his number is not working. Finally, I got hold of the dealership and the guy said he would give him a message. 

This time, the salesman went to Tommy's window and said hello to us. He was not his cordial self as the day we talked with him. He seemed to want us to say something. It turned out (he said) that the company called us without reading his notes and comments. We said an unfriendly goodbye and left. 

I think they are jerking us around, thinking they could act interested and we would jump through their hoops. 

We talked it over and think we might just go ahead and put down a substantial amount and get the cars. I know that is foolish. But, you don't know how tired I am, and Tommy gets exhausted, too. It takes him longer than it does me. Maybe not. Maybe we will still shop.

The electrician will not pick up the phone or call back. Dirty word to him. 

Tommy just looked out the door, but not the storm door and I heard a long grunt as he closed the door. I asked him what the matter was. He said, "It just looks hot." 

I went to bed again before 10 pm, woke at 2:30 am having a horrible, long-lasting nightmare that left me really shaken, went back to sleep at 6 am. I left a note for Tommy to wake me at 9 am. I thought I had a doctor's appointment today! It looks like I am back to sleeping at night again. 

This Holter Monitor is annoying me. It itches. I have another eleven days to go. 

Last week when I talked to the city about the yard and abandoned dogs, I said, "Oh, by the way." Then I told her about the weeds that obscure the view leaving the Publix parking lot. A few days later, the city had mowed the right of way at the house near the exit. I also told her about a coil of what appeared to be line from a tv cable service. She told me I would have to call the internet companies and find out who left it there. 

It is attached to an electric pole, attached at the top. I said it seemed dangerous for the children I had seen touching it. If a child died, I would notify the authorities I had voiced my concern. Well, it was gone, too. There is still a coil attached to the fence. I will have Tommy cut it off to throw away. Children have been known to accidentally hang themselves. 

The yard next door is back to almost the same shape as before--tall grass and even taller weeds. The vines covering everything are recovering, too.  And, we saw the big dog after hearing it barking. ah woo! ah woo! What kind of dog is that? I suppose it is spending time in a doghouse that is moved so it cannot be seen from the road or our yard. 

Has anyone worn a Holter Monitor? Did it make your chest itch?

12 comments:

  1. Just a suggestion. Perhaps you could call some other car dealerships.
    Since you already know what
    cars you want to purchase.
    Speak to someone at another dealership,tell them your handicapped and want to buy two cars. See if they can't assist you in
    Making it happen.
    I have done this before.
    With the economy being so bad right now I can't believe an auto dealer would not try harder to make a sale.
    I also wanted to ask whose feeding
    The dogs next door?
    Do they have water?
    I can't believe no one will help those poor helpless animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. savannah,
      Oh, I have suggested going into dealerships we pass. He keeps going!
      Sometimes, we see the dogs' owners, one or the other come by, go in carport door and come back out in less than a minute. I suppose the person goes in gets food, and puts it out another door where the dogs are outside, gets back in the car and leaves. I called for about the fourth time and the woman with whom I talked said someone else called that morning, too. I will try again today.

      Delete
  2. I am 200% appalled that nothing is being done about the poor dogs. I personally, would be calling every day - several times a day - until the matter was taken care of. That is just horrible to leave animals like that. Do they have food and water? Does anyone check on them?
    Absolutely horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I and other neighbors have called about them. So, I decided to call the county animal shelter. They said they have no authority to come into the city and remove dogs, to call police. Police wanted me to contact dog person. I said No, to take a report. He knows and has been contacted. So, dispatcher said she would email him. This is ridiculous.
      I cannot see into the area I suspect food and water would be left. Someone comes and stays one minute. I think/hope she puts food and water out back door and comes back out the carport door. No one ever stays to pet the dogs or talk with them. It is a disgrace.

      Delete
    2. Disgrace is an understatement. It is animal cruelty.

      Delete
    3. Cheryl,
      I agree. So did the woman at another animal control. I saw one of the women sitting in the car just now, but I cannot sit and watch.

      Delete
  3. If I had a reliable vehicle with working a/c I would just continue to drive it. Used car prices are just too high right now. For us personally I want a cushion in the bank right now because who knows what will happen next! Available cash is probably more valuable than anything else right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      I don't think it is reliable. It makes all sorts of noise that is not normal. Tommy will drive it until it wrecks from lack of maintenance or will see us sitting, stranded on the side of the road.

      Delete
    2. Lana,
      He will have a cushion, a good one.

      Delete
  4. It seems that sinceTommy drives you places, it might be smarter to buy just one car for the time being. Lana is correct. Used car prices are sky high right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have worn two types of Holter monitors. One 30 years ago and one maybe 3 years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I wore one several years ago, maybe 7 years ago. It was on an elastic band and had to stay under my breasts, not supposed to slip down. This one is stuck to me. It is much easier to wear. I was afraid the sticky would itch, it is not to bad.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.