Contact Me

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Market Day

Tuesday, we went to the store and bought things while the present ad is good. My milk was $3.99/half gallon. Tommy bought 4, so a savings of $4. His gallon was also $3.99. He bought Chips Ahoy and I was so disappointed. He triumphantly told me he got the last package. That was sweet and thoughtful. Of course, I ate some. Six hours later they are still hurting my stomach. 
I had him buy three more quarts of strawberries--3/$10. He got bread he forgot yesterday. 

The weekly market was today. We decided to chance going, hoping it would not rain. It only started raining when we drove up. I really did not want Tommy to get out, so I urged him to wait. We finally got a parking place where our favorite vendor is. I opened my umbrella and stuck it out the window to shield me from the rain so I could get one of the women's attention to tell her what we wanted to buy--strawberry lemonade, two cups of yellow squash, cup of tomatoes, all for $21. Tomorrow, I will make squash casserole and freeze one cup. 

As we sat there waiting, a woman was leaving and stepping off the curb in the rain. She just disappeared and made a sound and a thud. Everyone was horrified and rushed to her. I wanted to get out to help her up. Now, you know what a foolish thought that was. Finally, with much effort, three or four women helped her up and she almost fell again! 

I called out to one of the vendors we needed. I told her when she got through with customers we needed items, that we could barely walk. She said she would do it right then.  All her customers were gone by then. Everyone was hanging around watching the woman on the ground.

Luckily, the rain quit as we were leaving, with only drops now and then on the windshield. And, it held off all the way home. Tommy had left his walker outside the house. There was no rain in our neighborhood, thankfully. 

Since my number shows as 'unknown' when I call someone, my friends don't pick up and answer. Verizon undid that. For some reason, my phone does not have the capability to block numbers. And, they raised the bill instead of lowering it. So, Tommy will take it to Verizon to straighten it out. 

I was going to sleep a bit ago. But, acid reflux was too bad. It is still a problem sitting up, so the raised head of the bed would have been useless right now. Earlier I took about three sips of strawberry lemonade. That and the Chips Ahoy earlier are hurting me. I have been awake since 2 am. It is 8 pm now. UGH!

Tommy and I were talking. I decided getting the right amount of sleep was more important than sleeping at the 'right' time of day. He concurred. 

We went next door and drove into the driveway to see if we could see if the dogs were gone yet. Well, one dog was in the yard next to carport, looking through the fence. He is the yappy one. It was pitiful. He stood there tentatively wagging his tale. It was not an excited wag, but a wag like he was wondering if something was going to happen. I suppose the other big hound is there, too. I suppose they won't remove the dogs until the guys come to mow the rest of the yard.

It has been much cooler outdoors, so my flowers are looking happy. The heat will be back too soon. This respite is lovely. 

What goodies have you gotten from your farmer's market? 

Do you ever suffer from acid reflux?


2 comments:

  1. Indeed getting enough sleep is better than trying to sleep at a certain time. This is easier to accomplish if you really don't have to be anywhere anymore on time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I read an article after I wrote that and it said getting sleep at night is more important. I beg to differ with them. Luckily, we have very few days we need to get up in the morning.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.