Contact Me

Monday, July 15, 2024

I Goofed Up and Dogs Being Removed

 As I said, I ordered a mini chain saw Sunday night. I searched on Amazon for a Stihl GTA26. Then, I ordered the one that showed up. It was not Stihl as I figured out this morning. So, I looked for Stihl dealers. We went to a very nice hardware store and bought what I wanted. The guy was nice and brought it outside for us to look at. He took Tommy's cc and driver's license, went inside and paid for it AND filled out the warranty. Easy peasy.

We went to phone store. Somehow, the pin did not work when I talked to person on the phone. Then, we went to Publix for eggs. 

The chain saw was a total of $199. Tommy likes it. 

I called city about why yard is overgrown again. Also, the dogs are still suffering from being abandoned. Plus, on the telephone pole at the end of their fence, on the right-of-way there is a coil of wire, probably from internet company and a loose piece of wire. I have seen kids touching them. I am afraid someone will be hurt. The woman told me those were not electrical wires as though I thought they were live wires. I told her emphatically that I was not fearing electrocution, just hanging themselves. She told me to call ATT. Nope, I have reported a danger to children. They can call all the internet/telephone services themselves. The woman said someone else called about the dogs this morning, too.

Tommy saw people working and went to tell them about the trees and weeds between the two fences that both belong to the house next door. When I mentioned it to the woman, she told me just to go and spray it. I told her I did not like Roundup and certainly did not want to look at tall, dead, brown trees and weeds. She told me to go over and tell him when he was working. Why is all this my responsibility? She is very nice, by the way. 

I told Tommy and he went over when the guy was mowing, and I was napping. The guy had a big trailer full of limbs and junk. I don't think they have ever picked up a limb since they have lived there. The guy cleaning the yard said they removed huge boxes from the carport and found lots of rats living in them. I suppose they will come here for shelter! The piano is still on the front porch where it has sat for two years. 

He told Tommy that when the city came and removed the dogs tomorrow, he could mow the rest of the yard. Maybe the dogs will get a good life now.

As we were leaving today, a little bird was sitting on my wire chicken. It looked this way and that and jumped over a bit, looked this way and that. It repeated this action until it jumped into two-foot pot that has no plants. I told Tommy there was a nest in there. When we came back, I shuffled over there and looked. Under a piece of cloth there was a bird nest with one egg. I think it was one egg. I did not touch it or disturb it. It seems like it is late in the year for birds to be laying eggs. I hope a displaced rat does not come over here tonight and eat the mama bird or the baby. 

Right now, I must cancel the mini chainsaw. 

I am so happy to find the hardware store with a present owner, I may abandon Lowe's. He even knew about my hardware store in Cullman. 

This post will not be edited!

Have you ever had neighbors like this? 

I suppose we will have a rat infestation?

8 comments:

  1. The house next door had a woman with issues who lived there for years. Everything in her house had devolved along with her grasp of reality. Once she left the house i noticed a pest control truck there for hours. A short time afterward, both our outbuilding and the outbuilding at the house on the other side of her house had some critters trying to set up house. Fortunately we found them before they made their way to our respective houses.
    i hope none visit you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Where we lived when I was a child had a rent house next door. One day mama and I were visiting. Roaches were crawling on the wall!!! Every time someone moved from that rent house, roaches came to our house. I hope the rats don't come here! I don't know what to do to keep them away. There are no cats in this neighborhood.

      Delete
  2. We had a house 2 doors down a few years back that was horrible. Once the trucks were filled with debris and trash bugs and rodents made their appearances known to all the neighbors.
    Glad they are getting those poor dogs. Ridiculous that it took so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I hope there are no bugs coming here! I imagine the rats will. I will get the toss bags for rats and put them under the house. It may not be legal to put them in their carport where the boxes were. Only because the yard needs mowing are they removing the dogs, and it's not for the dogs' benefit. Hopefully, the dogs will not be returned.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad they are getting the dogs too. I hope those mice don't make it over to your house too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      RATS not mice...lol. Maybe someone will keep the dogs and give them some attention.

      Delete
  4. That is great the city will follow through with taking care of the overgrown yard and dogs. Where we lived before (in a highly populated area) the county would do nothing about our junkyard neighbor (the one we referred to over the years as "Sanford" from Sanford & Son tv show)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I remember Sanford. There are some yards inundated with piled up, very organized trash, and nothing is done. I wonder if they will do this over and over next door.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.