Contact Me

Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Tired Tuesday, Dogs

 This has been such a hot, hot day, muggy. However, it has been a pretty day, blue skies and lovely, fluffy, white clouds, a bit of a breeze. 

We got food for the five little girls. I bought 24-packs of crayons for 50 cents, five packs. We saw a woman crying and asked her what the matter was. She wanted to get food and was late to work on her bike! Poor woman. She told us where she worked because we were worried about her being late. So, we will go by and give her at least $10. She has a camper but no electricity. Poor lady. 

We went out looking at cars again. One was a good fit, but I looked up and saw the sunroof. No way. This wears me out. I am tempted to go get the two we saw that we both liked. 

Last night, I think I stayed up too late. I was ready for bed at 9 pm, but I wanted to see the news. At 10:30 I went to bed. I was asleep for a little over an hour. I got up and down for the bathroom. Then, I stayed up for two hours, then slept fitfully. My feet are so swollen from being in car so long. 

I still cannot find an electrician. All the places I contact are for "projects." They are commercial electrical companies. 

CEREAL 

I want cereal but won't pay $7.50 for it. I am waiting on a bogo price for Special K. There will be no Special K bogo this coming ad. Boo! 

I had the other half of the tuna salad with 1/4 slice of bread. That was to sop up the rest of the tuna salad. If I were more comfortable eating tuna, I could have tuna salad every day. Then, I had a little applesauce cup. 

There were turkey slices with Hatch Chili. It was good and then it was so hot! So far, five hours later, I don't seem to be affected with any gastrointestinal issues. But, I did pick off all the green stuff, chilis, I suppose. I can eat cayenne peppers so this is much milder. I cannot eat jalapeno peppers.

The guy came to pick up the food. I called him later. He was saying he went to trivia night. I asked him if he knew any afternoon trivia because we don't do night driving. He said maybe girlfriend and her mother would let us sit at their table. They could pick us up. I said I had a head full of trivia and so did Tommy. So, he was eager for us to go. No free anything for winning. That is okay for starters. I am excited.

We just put three small packages of chicken into the crock pot. It is late to start something that I don't want to cook all night. But my midnight it should be done, and it can be put into a glass storage container and into refrigerator. If I had not talked an hour and a half to that guy, it would not be so late cooking. 

Neither of us have eaten. Just now, I asked Tommy what he was going to have for dinner. Very discouraged, he said, "I don't know. I will just scrounge around until I find something to eat." Maybe I will cook a hamburger for him. 

I may have a tomato sandwich and some strawberries. I have had vegetables and other fruit already. 

After I called the police today at 5 pm and got nothing, I called back at 8 pm to get a different shift.  Dispatcher told me the animal control officer was emailed once yesterday and twice today. She did not know what he was doing that he did not pick them up. So, that's all I know. 

Once, an animal shelter was supposed to keep a dog for six months due to the owner's work out West. I told them how the guy treated the dog. A month later I called to check on the dog. Well, it appears he got loose and ran away. That was okay with me. I am certain that dog did not run away. Too bad someone does not steal this dog. 

Tommy reported his dinner plans. He shredded the remaining bscb, put it over the bit of leftover spaghetti noodles, and opened a can of spaghetti, put that over the chicken and noodles. I know he has two vegetables to eat with it, not sure what. He is getting very inventive with his meals. Four leftovers will be gone. 

I always tell him not to eat the bscb since I cannot eat some things. Tonight, I told him to eat the bscb since I did not want to do anything. He is also eating my share of frozen blackeyed peas. So, he is happy. 

I am so sleepy I can barely type, so I need to go to bed. 

Are you familiar with Hatch chilis?

Anyone want to steal a dog?

Do you just avoid buying something you want by waiting until a good price comes along?










w

2 comments:

  1. I have no compunction about refusing to buy ANYTHING in the supermarket if I think the price is too high. Boxed cereal is one of the things I wouldn't touch. The other day, two of my kids and a friend were pawing through my pantry for a snack. There was a box of Cheerios...brand name Cheerios. Daughter was awestruck, and told her friend "I was about 10 before I ever had brand name cereal! I knew families who were struggling, but they had Kellog's!" Friend said "Maybe that's why they were struggling. They wasted their money in brand name cereal." Daughter went on , "If we had cereal at all, it was off brand, and the box was dented, and the price written with Sharpie." She then pulled out a dented box of rice cereal, (which I bought for $0.08) to prove her point. I said "that's what I used for your Rice Krispie treats." "No," Son said,"I think you mean 'Krispy Rice Treats.'" We all had a good laugh at that. The friend then said "Yeah, it was always great to come here and raid your Mom's pantry." Daughter then found a box off Ritz, with a Christmas design, made a comment about it being June, grabbed some off brand peanut butter, homemade plum jam, and they made a plate of pb &J crackers. The girls finished those in short order, and son said "Friend? More? There's plenty more where that came from. We haven't even opened the Easter box of crackers yet!" It just struck us all as hilarious, but apt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great lessons. I did not buy the Special K.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.