Contact Me

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

We Saw Nothing!

 It rained lots today, so the guys did not work next door at all. Well, we did not see them. We don't know if the dogs are still there or not. There was no use calling to ask anything today. 

Tommy reminded me we have rat poison. I was going to go to our new favorite hardware store to buy some, but no need now. Only Tommy left the house--to go to laundry room to wash two very nasty towels. We never had a rat, but it was something large enough to carry potatoes to a hole under the front of sink. We put rat poison there and had nothing else come in. Of course, we sealed it up, sort of. 

I slept about ten hours today, maybe more. It took three sessions in bed to do so, but I feel so much better. Neither knee hurts. I have been very careful how I sleep and step. 

Tonight, we had a hamburger, slaw, strawberries and blueberries. Tommy had a peach instead of blueberries.

It is not much, but I decluttered a bit today. Eventually, the place will look better. Well, it does look better now. Some things are put where they belong. Other things are tossed. Some things I thought were gone but were still here. They belong in the first two categories. 

I made one important phone call. I still have other calls to make. Somehow, we got a call saying because we owe $2 and will be charged interest. The cc bill was almost $2,000.00 for one purchase,  and we paid it in full. Then, I received a bill for two dollars ($2). Tommy did not call. Now, we owe interest. Since this is the only purchase on this card and we paid it, I need to call. He says he needs the last bill before he calls. It is probably gone by now, so he does nothing. I will figure that out either tonight or tomorrow! Okay, I called, and the $2 charge was paid and there is no further charge, no late charge. Balance owed is zero. I asked and he said he may have paid it in his sleep. He said he got a call that woke him. So, that is two important calls made today. 

A lost telephone number surfaced in all of this decluttering. An elderly couple is desperate for food, so we will help. 

I had bought some things that needed washing before using, like a new, cheap set of salt and pepper containers for stove use. Today, with back and knees hurting less, I have those ready to fill. Other like things washed, too. At least I can see with light.

Upon thinking back and recounting, the day was more fruitful than I thought.

Cancelled two things today. Forgot another.  

Do you ever think back over a day and realize you did more than you realized? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.