Contact Me

Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Nothing to See Here

 Today, the only thing we did was to get the three grocery ads. We needed to go back to the farthest store. Rain came so quickly and was so hard, I suggested turning around. Tommy was quick to agree. Of course, by the time we reached home there was no rain here. We both went into the house. Then, when Tommy went back out to bring in more groceries, he came in soaked to the skin. That is how fast the rain comes and subsides and starts again. 

I did call tech services for my laptop. That was 1.5 hours of agony. But, the problem was cured. It caused other problems. It seems ad-blocker affects my home page to the point I can read nothing. Two days ago, I went to Don't Read This; It's Boring, sluggy's blog. It was awash with ads clicking on and off and all over her blog text. It was not just annoying; I could read nothing, click on none of the blogs. So, I went away, thinking all blogs would be that way. Not so, just that one. And, I don't think she was at fault.

Since I had my blog 'fixed' today, it has been one problem after another. I dread another visit to tech. 

The dogs were not removed and yard is still not cleaned and mowed. I suppose that the rain and threat of rain is stopping the property cleaners not to come. 

However, our mower came today instead of Thursday. He told Tommy there was poison oak all around the base of the tree we were going to trim with the new chainsaw! So, there is that to deal with when we do cut down the dead part of the dogwood. 

I had tuna salad for dinner and cole slaw. Tommy had a leftover hamburger with bbq sauce and made himself a salad from chopped onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes. Now, I need to chop another onion for my use in cooking and for him to eat. 

A cursory look at the ads revealed nothing spectacular was on sale. Tommy did shop at Publix--bread, bananas, Cheerios, Special K, and Pepsi. Cheerios were bogo; Pepsi was b2g1. My milk is on sale for $3.99/half-gal. Of course, the refrigerator is full of my milk. 

I ought to fold a few clothes and wash a few dishes. Maybe I won't. 

The rain can be annoying, but we are not out of drought mode yet in Alabama. 

What is going on at your house?

Anything exciting?

7 comments:

  1. Those poor dogs. Sounds like they will die before someone does somethings. Makes me sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quite sure they are traumatized at the least.

      Delete
  2. Am I the only reader who thinks this chainsaw business is frighteningly dangerous? Two people who...
    - are barely mobile
    - can't remain standing for long
    - have balance issues
    - have very limited strength & endurance
    ...are going to start using a CHAINSAW?!?

    I don't care if it's a 2.5 lb mini or not. It has a rotating cutting chain and will require hand/arm/body strength and balance to use it.

    You guys can barely make it to the car some days and trip over the smallest obstacles and have to call for help to get off the floor. But you think yard work with a chain saw is a good idea? OMG, just pay the mower guy extra to do it.

    Sorry (not sorry) to be blunt but I think this is absolutely NUTS and a super bad idea. Not gonna blow smoke up your patootie like everyone else and call it super good fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Sue,
      We will try it and see what happens.

      Delete
  3. Tuna salad for dinner sounds good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. the term 'nothing to see here' is usually said by someone trying to cover up something definitely worth seeing.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.