Contact Me

Friday, July 19, 2024

Gorilla Glue Call

 

This is sign is hilarious. I had a cat I loved that I carried from Jackson, MS to Memphis, TN. Mama said I had to leave the cat because it would just escape on the trip. I held onto her so tightly that she did not escape. I really loved that cat and held her all the time. That all changed when I learned cats could be an allergen. I only petted he on the head after that even though she wanted in the house. Even now, if I go into a house with a cat, I am all sneezes. 

Friday, I made a call that I forgot I made. Since the beginning of the lollipop-from-noodles journey, I have questions. I want to get this right the first time without having to try out the glue and make a mess if it does not work.  I called Gorilla company to see which glue will work. I talked to a very nice woman who was not only helpful, but hilarious while helping. She told me exactly what glue to use--Gorilla Clear Grip. This needs to be applied to both sides (I think) and let it air before joining. She said this was the equivalent of E6000. She said it is Walmart. Probably on Amazon, too.

No, Gorilla glue won't melt in the rain. I knew that but I had to ask her. However, fierce heat and sun can melt it. In December the sun and heat will not be so bad.  So, her recommendation was Gorilla Clear Grip.

The other call I needed to make was to Macy's, but I postponed that because of current problems they are having. 

Like I said, we bought paper towels, a six pack. I thought Tommy was cutting little pieces with a scissor. However, I could not fathom that he would cut good squares. But, the Sparkle paper towels have perforations to tear each paper towel into four pieces. There is even a picture of this feature on the front of the package. Next time I buy paper towels should be in a year or more, so I need to remember Sparkle.

Today, before I took a nap, I heard a bird chirping outside the window by Tommy's chair. It was thrilling to hear the mama bird. Tommy could not hear it at all, even with the door open. Finally, he said he heard a bird in the tree across the street when he went to get the mail. It was so disappointing that it was not my little mama bird. Tommy looked her up in a bird book. We have a house wren. 

Does the sign at the head of this post reveal the way your cat would talk if it could talk?
 
I know some of you don't use paper towels, so this question is not for you--have you ever used paper towels that can be cut into four squares?

It has rained on and off today, a gentle rain, for a total of about four hours? I can do without the wind, and lightning. How much rain did you get?




11 comments:

  1. I like the idea of paper towel with an extra set of perforations. I don't think it exists here.
    We had a cat when i was growing up and I accompanied dad to the vet to farewell him when he died at 15 or 16. I haven't had one since. I prefer dogs but I'm not against cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I had seen paper towels with one perforation in the towel, making it really skinny. But, I had never seen these that make four pieces of one towel. So, maybe you do have them.
      I am terrified of dogs, even our own dogs. But, I cannot have either because of allergies.

      Delete
  2. Yes, that is my cats!
    I have seen those portioned paper towels and it is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an excellent idea, and I just got lucky. I told Tommy to not just use them because they are tiny. He said that we would not.

      Delete
  3. I always buy the paper towels that have the perforation to cut in half. I tried the ones that tear off into squares, but found them too small to be useful to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Tommy said the little squares would be just right for a sandwich. I was thinking and all the crumbs would fall off and the fillings! I was thinking just for draining bacon or hamburger like we had the other day--too juicy. Of course, then we would need two or four squares.

      Delete
  4. I am allergic to cats, but still had had them. My last cat did not know he was a cat, or a male. His name was Martha, I bottle raised him and he was sure that I was his mother. I used a product called Allerpet-C to keep his dander from assaulting my nose. e did think himslef to be superior of his pack of dogs and would look upon other humans disdainfully. I loved that cat, but my true love is a dachshund. I love my husband, too, although sometimes I wonder why. Portioning paper towels is a great idea, except that my husband will use THREE at a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cat was a male, but I did not know that and named him Tinkerbell. Nothing stops my cat allergies. He ate my rubber bands for my pony tale and some Mexican Jumping Beans.
      I am glad you love your husband...lol. Tommy is very conservative with paper towels. But, I don't see much of what he does in the kitchen. Three paper towels is a lot!

      Delete
  5. It's drizzling off 'n on today.

    I'm super grateful for a break from the summer heat. It's currently 70° in KC so our A/C is off & windows open. Enjoying the fresh air (even if my allergies aren't, lol) before the higher temps return this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At this time of year we get 'monsoon' which means many afternoons (it is always in the late afternoon) we get sudden downpours that are local and don't last long. Not like a proper thunderstorm at a ll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I like the downpours better than a proper thunderstorm since the latter often ends up with trees down on houses and power lines.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.