Contact Me

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Duct Tape and Two Ice Cream Freezer Mystery

 It is sooo hot! Even after all the rain we have had in places, we are still in a drought. 

We, of course, got out in the heat and accomplished a few things. Now, we are in ac all the time except for going to the car and back. 

Tommy put all the food we were going to give the five little girls and their mother. We left the car ac on so that the food would not spoil. He was about thirty minutes late to pick it up. It seems he is okay after his ER visit. It was too hot to visit and find out. But, we did something to help someone today.

From the pool noodle videos, I remember one woman saying she got colored duct tape from Dollar Tree. I sent Tommy in to buy some. He is so funny. He was telling me the colors. He said there were two blues, one that was light blue and another that looked almost purple. Well, it was purple. Perfect. He bought 1 white, 1 purple, and 2 red. I told him these and I did not want the light blue. I had found one roll of duct tape on Amazon that was $13 for the roll. After I bought these, I looked again on Amazon. 

4 rolls duct tape--$5. That is $21 for pool noodles + $5 from today=$26 total

I need more rolls and several other colors, but this is a start. And, I want to get them now, not when everyone else wants colored duct tape. Now, for the glue or glue sticks. 

We had to cook tonight. We had roast beef, carrots, potatoes, bell pepper. I had strawberries. 

I have been worried about Tommy's childhood friend who lived next to him as a child. They have gone to same church together. He is the one who had the subdural hematoma a few weeks ago. I have tried calling but got no one. Finally, today, he answered the phone from Navarre. He is fine. That is a relief. 

Cleaner comes tomorrow! I hope she does not cancel. I think I will have her help me declutter my bedroom and find more dishtowels I bought for 33 cents apiece. The ones I bought five years ago are threadbare and some have holes.  Those have been demoted to cleaning towels. Maybe I will have her scramble eggs for me again. 

I mentioned to Tommy that the part of the ice cream freezer that goes in the freezer needed to be put in a cabinet. I also asked him if he had noticed the other part with the motor and the cord. He said there was another piece in the dining area. But, he pointed out it was the same as the part I took from the freezer. He brought it to me because I was skeptical that I had another ice cream freezer. Well, yes, I do. I know that was too expensive to buy two, so I now wonder in what fever I acquired another. It is peculiar. 

I have noticed and have been appalled that cowboys upon emptying the last drop of water from their canteen often toss their canteen aside, leaving it behind. I wonder if they do find water, how can they take more water with them? I realize it is a dramatic gesture to signify their emotions. But, I notice it every time. Do you notice? 

Do you ever have two of something and wonder how that happened? The ice cream freezer was on sale, but not so cheap I would buy two. 

6 comments:

  1. How often does your housecleaner come? Does she focus on specific areas/tasks each visit?

    We have a team of two come every other week. They tackle dusting, floors, bathrooms, kitchen, etc. They do not do any de-cluttering or laundry. Cleaning the fridge costs extra. They also do not clean ovens or TVs for liability reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is supposed to come each week, according to her second job schedule. She does what I need done that week. I am appalled I need someone to declutter because of my physical limitations. She never does laundry or anything in the kitchen. I have things on the floor in bedroom that need to be picked up, like bags or clothing, bins, a stack of books, just things down to far for me to reach and pick up.

      Delete
    2. That's great you have someone to help! May I ask how long she stays each week & what you pay?

      Delete
    3. Tiffany,
      She stays anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. I pay about $20/hr.

      Delete
  2. In my house we have a term called 'mother's pasta sauce" she used to have 4-5 jars at once. She would go to the store and not recall if she needed any so she bought one just to be sure. This is how I have 2-3 of something.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.