Contact Me

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Roll Tide Roll Yada Yada Yada-One second Auburn

 


I managed to sleep in three 2-hour stretches and was then up about 7 am on Monday morning. We had to be somewhere at 1:30, so I wanted to leave by noon. Do you think we could get out of the house in four hours? (Tommy woke at 8 am) No, we cannot! And, the cleaner was coming soon after four. We had things to do before she came. 

We went to Tractor Supply to look at flowers. I bought yellow portulaca. I think that is what I chose. 

The cleaner came about 4:30. I had a list. She had no idea how to dead head the petunias. She brought the pot inside so I could show her. Tommy told her to take it to the table if she wanted. Of course, I warned her about the legs burying up in the soil. She did take our suggestion of moving the chair to the driveway. Hopefully, these will fill out. 

I cannot stand long enough to dead head, and Tommy obviously hates doing it. 

Since Tommy had the fluorescent bulb put in by our very tall neighbor, I could not get it out to check the starter. Cleaner is almost 6' tall, so she took out the bulb and tried. No luck! I tried to get on the stool and could not, so electrician it is.

About 4:30, I decided to have chicken cheddar pizza on naan, heated in oven as prelude to our late dinners. Wel, Tommy bought the package and parchment paper. It was just plain naan! No pizza. I had read the recipe on the back of the package. I had Tommy bring me a jar of Ragu sauce, chunk cheddar and sliced kalamata olives. It was not the best, but filling. Tommy refused to try it. When I awoke, I asked him what he had for dinner. 

As it turned out, he decided to try the naan pizza--spaghetti sauce, diced onions I had in refrigerator, Five Cheese shredded cheese, and chicken thigh, broken up. He said it was delicious. 

I could eat plain naan for a meal or dessert. 

She sprayed Tommy's bathroom mirror with this stuff that keeps it from fogging. I bought it for car windows since fog on car windows is dangerous with Tommy driving. Just trust me. 

Tommy's 5' long bookcase has not been dusted in three years, so it needed dusting, plus the two clocks on it, and the books on bottom shelf. This piece of furniture is only about 2' high. I hate it. It is another of the paper covered bookcases that is annoyingly in the way. So, it is done for another three years. It really is shiny. 

I had her get down on her hands and knees to look under the back of my chair as I raised it and lowered it several time. It pops and rocks when I raise it. Something is wrong, but I don't know what. She could see nothing. I will call the guy who sold it since he has furniture repair company that fixes these chairs. I really fear it breaking. 

Then, I had her tackle the table to my right. It was piled with all sorts of day planners, receipts, spiral notebooks, mail. Yes, I could do it if back would let me twist or bend. When everything was removed, she vacuumed the top. It has sides, so nothing ever gets to the floor, even clutter. Now, I need to sort papers, copy notes from little pieces of paper and toss. She was fascinated how the vac went to a short tool. Tommy adjusted it for her. Then she did vacuum the area right in front of my chair. 

Tommy has drapery hooks hooked onto a curtain rod. Bless his heart, he knows nothing of these things. So, when I tried to look out the window where the dogs are, about four hooks came loose and neither of us can get to them. I had her put the hooks back on the rod and use packing tape to secure them. You know, I might want to look out that window again someday. 

I think that was all she did. But, $35 later, I am happy with the job done. 

She shamed Tommy for having an Auburn decal. So, I showed her this video. We both rock with laughter when I play this. 

jeanne robertson one second auburn - Search (bing.com) Forgive me. 

Jeanne Robertson - Bama's Rebuttal to Auburn's "Second" Chance (youtube.com) 

As soon as she left, I got my first half of my night's sleep and awoke to Gunsmoke.  If I can sleep just three more hours tonight, I will be okay. Another cleaner is coming Thursday, the one I know from Cullman County. She is short, so she could not have done a few things. 

Oh, forgot to say. I called podiatrist and mentioned to the person with whom I have been talking. When I mentioned Medicare and Fraud, she got the person who I should have been talking with all along. She said that yes, the doctor did send off a piece of my toenail and it was examined by a pathologist. I wonder why no one has told me the result. My question to her--to the tune of over $800? She was shocked and said she would talk to the doctor. Why oh why did the receptionist not let me talk to this woman the other five times I have called??? Why has the doctor or someone not called me for treatment? sigh So many questions. 

Today was an altogether pleasant day. There were no carts involved! It was sunny but with enough sunshine. Tommy is more pleasant with blood sugar under control. 

Tomorrow and Thursday will be stormy, I fear. How is your weather? 

Are you familiar with portulaca?

So, what did you think of the video? This woman is so funny. 



7 comments:

  1. I was given a portulaca in a pot as a little girl, i can still picture it in my mind. It might have been my 9th birthday.

    I love naan any which way. I havent thought of using it to make pizza, we use lebanese bread for pizza. It's not ideal but it's super cheap and plentiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I certainly had not heard of this flower when I was nine.

      I had never used naan for pizza, jut dipping it in olive oil.

      Delete
  2. I am indeed familiar with portulaca, although I knew it as "moss rose" growing up. Seems like everyone's front yard flower beds had them. I always liked the needle-like leaves.

    I love Jeanne Robertson. She seemed like the quintessential Southern Lady, even though she was born in Massachusetts. Her storytelling is epic, full of witty observations and sass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,,
      After I wrote the post, I started to read about the flower and saw it has quite a few names.
      ;listening to
      I have been reading Jeanne Robertson's bideos for years. I was shocked to hear Left Brain died and she died a few months later. I cried.

      Delete
    2. reading/listening to videos for years. I put on the closed captioning to read so it won't annoy Tommy.

      Delete
  3. I love portulaca! I plant it in shallow terracotta bowls. This year I have not been able to find seed packets. The pot from last year has reseeded itself! Last evening I did find a small pot at walmart. I passed on it as it was almost 8 dollars for a pot with a single plant in it, I may have to order some seeds but I will first go to the nursery near the freeway. 6 packs of anytype of plants seem to have almost disappeared around these parts. I have several pots that I bought from QVC several years ago. These pots have a dozen little openings on the sides. Counting the top they require 3 6 packs.I did find some impatiens to make one hanging basket but would like to build a few more. When the plants fill in they make a big full round basket.

    I have never seen the particular variety of portulaca that you have. I have only seen the double rose type.

    I am glad that you mentioned calibrachoa. I couldn't remember the name of this plant. I have pots of yellow ones on either side of the entrance to our front patio. They are from a planting I did last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to buy pots very often. My best have been from yard sales or off the side of the road. One plant? That seems expensive.
      The pots from QVC sound like strawberry pots. I am looking for impatiens and some other, cannot think of name. I really want a gallon flower to put in my wire chicken.
      That is from internet, but my portulaca is yellow.

      I struggle to remember the name of the calibrachoa, too. But, some people call them million bells. I don't think any of my last year plants will bloom any time soon!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.