Contact Me

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Anger Can Raise Heart Attack Risks

 When my brother died, people asked how he died. My answer was always--He died from cigarettes, beer, and anger. He had been angry for thirty years, and I don't blame for his anger. I suppose according to the article below, I was correct. 

After I read this article, I explained it to Tommy and told him--no more anger in this house. He is always raring up and berating me. I told him that stopped today. He gulped and said, "Okay!" So far, so good.

Science shows how a surge of anger could raise heart attack risk (yahoo.com)

I know it is not so simple as eliminating anger, but that and good medical care and obeying doctors surely will go a long way to living longer and in better health. 

Proper sleep is necessary, too. And, I am not getting proper sleep. Last night, I did not sleep at all, not until 5 pm and then only four hours   

We went out to grocery shop as we collected the ads. It took us three hours, then I slept from  about 5:39 until 10 pm. Tommy had leftovers--chicken, greens, and pork and beans. I ate junk, something I do when I am exhausted.  Tomorrow, I will rectify that. Tommy is eating often and right foods. I have not had to encourage him even once to eat the type food he should. 

I do believe he is hangry and does not know how to self-control, has not learned his symptoms of diabetes. Even the pharmacist said she gets irritable when her blood sugar drops. Tommy does not believe me and won't look at himself. Maybe he will now. 

The 24" fluorescent light over the sink quit. We bought a new tube, but that did not help. So, we may end up with new fixture rather than spending money on ballast. There is no light in the kitchen other than a 40-watt light over the stove! It is like it was when I came here light-wise. 

I barely could get on a little short stool, and reaching to measure was horrendous. Tommy cannot step up far enough to get on any stool, step, or curb. I told him to ask young guy down the street we needed help. He asked him and brought home a guy over 6 feet tall to replace the bulb. It either needs a starter or ballast. Ballast will be the price of a new, non-fluorescent fixture. 

There is another light fixture in the kitchen but has been broken for about 25 years. So, it is a dungeon. I also have a new light fixture for the dining room, too. So, maybe Tommy will agree to let electrician install three fixtures. 

Progress! 

Do you have a situation or person who causes you to become angry or becomes angry and lets loose on you? 

10 comments:

  1. Oh no! I need help with lights too as I'm afraid of falling. I fell in the yard this week and I am so sore from it. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I need to do exercises to loosen up my shoulders because I cannot stretch far up. Plus, I am afraid I would fall off the stool after sluggy' s fall. I hope your pain goes away from the fall in the yard. I hope you always keep your cell phone in your pocket.

      Delete
  2. No real answer for you - but just a thought. Does your phone take video? If so, maybe video tape one of Tommy's episodes to show him later when he feels good. Sometimes people can't understand until they see the actual behavior.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Phone and camera both take videos. I know he believes me. But, I might do that. When his blood sugar is falling, he is not rational, and would still say he was okay.

      Delete
  3. The problem with trying n ot to get angry is that we need alternative ways to cope and most of us don't have alternatives. If we did, we wouldn't get angry!
    My boys can get really intensely hangry. It's not pleasant.I get it too but not so much.

    Angry people will take their frustration out on the easiest target, my husband did it to me for years

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Tommy only knows anger targeting me for all ills. About 90% of his anger is when his blood sugar is dropping or has dropped so he is just crazy. I understand being the target.

      Delete
  4. Yes anger kills - little by little usually via heart attack or stroke. The crucial step is not 'don't have anger' but what to do about it and what really to be angry over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I need to work on what to do about it.

      Delete
  5. I did have someone who had outbursts of anger and rage. I divorced him in 2009.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.