Contact Me

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Hardest Parts of Getting Older

Tommy's garbage needs to go out on Thursday night since it is picked up on Friday morning. I was still awake and heard a truck on Thursday morning, so I rushed in and woke Tommy, telling him to take out the garbage to the road. He moaned and started moving to get up and take out the garbage. Then, all of a sudden, he stopped uncovering himself. "Today is Thursday." He moaned and started covering up. I was relieved he started snoring in about 30 seconds. All this week, I have been one day ahead or a day behind.  It was the limb truck!

It seems that all day Saturday Tommy managed to eat often enough and the right food to control his low blood sugar. I still have not relaxed yet or stopped being hypervigilant about what and when he eats. 

We don't know what is up with people next door. They are never home except to feed the dogs once a day. I suppose they leave something for them to eat and drink and refill it in the late afternoon. Maybe they only are fed once a day usually. Tommy said they were all whining this afternoon, whining for a long time and like he has never heard. There were four to six kids living there with the two mothers. Then, the boys disappeared. Now, I have only seen one girl. Tommy said another woman was staying with the two mothers. Then, it seemed one mother, her children and the third woman were gone. I don't watch them or see any of this. Tommy tells me when he goes out to take the garbage out to road or goes to mailbox. 

The dogs lie in the yard all day whining. They do a lot of barking when one of the women comes home. Their yard and carport remain a disaster. Maybe they will move. Of course, there could be worse neighbors. 

I bought two blouses that did not fit. I have been looking for the receipt for a week and finally found it. That is equal to finding money in my book! I think that was the highlight of my day. 

Several of the twelve things in the article below do not apply to me. 

12 Hardest Parts of Getting Older – That No One Really Prepares You For (msn.com)

Do any of these hard parts of getting older surprise you? Can you relate?

Do you ever panic when you think you are late putting out the garbage, but you are not? Do you wrongly alert someone else?

12 comments:

  1. Ugh, barking dogs can be such a nuisance. Getting old is not for the weak. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to even have an inner thought without it being jarred by four dogs barking. No, I have to get stronger just to get older.

      Delete
  2. it seems I always thinking a day ahead for some reason. Guess that happens when one no longer goes to work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Without markers in the week, the days seem to get mixed up some weeks.

      Delete
  3. Call animal control on your neighbors. Those dogs are obviously in distress and are disturbing your peace. If you actually see the neighbors, confront them on no uncertain terms. You know how the saying goes, "we are too soon old and too late smart", LOL. I used to laugh at my mother when she would ask me what day it was. Now I do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      I have thought about calling animal control. It is such and ordeal.
      Somehow, I think this is more that I don't have anywhere I have to be everyday like I did in years past. Maybe i am making an excuse. I don't know.

      Delete
    2. It is an ordeal for those dogs, too. Nowadays we carry a calendar with us in our phones, but mostly I forget to look at it. Does it really matter if we don't know what day it is?

      Delete
  4. Tweshooz,
    I suppose I need to call in the morning. I suppose I just want to place myself in time...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how tedious to have such neighbors.
    Putting out the trash on time is important here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      The kids and dogs suffer. Of course, the trash all over the yard is tedious, too. I do love living next door to trashiest yard in the whole neighborhood.
      I have had to run in the past to get it out just in time.

      Delete
  6. The trash company we used to have would run at about 6AM, so it was imperative for us to have it out the night before. Over the course of a year and a half, they went up from $66 per quarter to $77 then to $99. Outrageous! We canceled them and got a different company. $60 per quarter. We are at the end of their route, so it's much later in the day on Friday. Hubby doesn't put it out until Friday morning now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That new trash company was a better deal and better time. Yay! For fifty years, I was one of the first people on the route!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.