Contact Me

Sunday, May 19, 2024

Monday Plans

Today was a beautiful day, the kind that makes your heart sing. We went to Publix and nothing much else. I wanted slaw, needed otc, and food for prep for gastro visit. I slept 8 hours last night and did not nap. I wanted to nap but would rather watch America's Funniest Videos. 

Tommy opened a can of chicken and ate last of some vegetables. 

I made four calls and none of the businesses had anyone at CS desk. I made a list of ten places to call tomorrow, and I just thought of five other places I need to call. ugh So, my day is planned for Monday. 

Tommy filled a concrete pot with no hole in the bottom with soil and watered it in preparation for planting carrots about a month ago. So, he needs to get the pot I told him to get and start all over so we can plant carrot seed. He got the sunflower seeds for me, so we need to plant those. That will happen tomorrow, I hope.  

I told Tommy to call his homeowner's insurance and ask them to try to collect for the tree limb being cut from our yard and clothesline. He thought it was a good idea. Who knows what will happen? 

He is doing well with the meter still. I sometimes want him to get his blood sugar level to see what a particular food does to the level. He willingly looks to see. I imagine he wonders how a certain food affects him, too. 

I heard from Tommy's friend's wife. The friend is still in hospital and has headache. That is all I heard. 

My plan for homemade Christmas yard decorations is coming along. The pool noodle to made lollipops are $1 each at Dollar General, while the pool noodles are $3.54 at Big Box. Those may be larger than ones at DG. Not sure, but cheaper is better for me. When it gets drier, I will wash the mailbox well, and spray paint it red. I don't want lots to do nearer Christmas and in cold or wet weather. I expect to get leftover PVC pipe for the lollipop sticks. I must work on this each month to get it done in time and cheaply. 

Another plan--I have about ten pounds of Granny Smith apples. I want to cook some of them because we will never eat so many. However, I want them as low carb as possible, so I won't make a pie or anything else with pastry. I don't demand lots of sugar in these tart apples because I actually like them tart. Well, if Tommy really wants it I will. I am thinking sugar, cinnamon, flour, and butter, maybe cooked in the crockpot. It looks like my Monday is filling up fast. 

We do need to go to Cullman one day, so I need to schedule plans for tree cutting and mowing on another day. Yes, that makes two more phone calls I need to put on my list. 

Do you ever make more plans than you can ever get done for one day? I figure my list for the next day is already done with the leftovers for next day. A couple of my calls will be long and arduous, maybe even confrontational. Others will be 30-second calls. 

Do you have long-term plans and short-term plans all the time? 

8 comments:

  1. You are going to be busy making phone calls today it sounds like .Some days are like that here too. It's good to hear that Tommy is doing well with his blood meter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I woke on fire and hit the floor running. I hope the battery stays charged long enough to get it all done. He is so attentive to that monitor! He rushes right in if he left it in living room to see what it says when it dings. If he had a pocket in his underwear, he would have it on him at all times...lol.

      Delete
  2. Heh, cracks me up. Typical man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness the monitor is working! Since it keeps going off it would seem he's still on too much insulin. Hopefully the doctor will adjust his meds further on your follow up visit. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie,
      It keeps him apprised of what his blood sugar is so he can eat accordingly. June 7 will be a telehealth appointment. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. My to-do lists are never-ending 😵‍💫 I prefer digital lists that sync between my computer & phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tiffany,
      That is wise of you. Yes, my lists seem that way, too. I am sure yours are not quite as mundane as mine.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.