Contact Me

Saturday, June 22, 2024

What's on the Porch? Places to Read

 Tommy received a box of the monitors to stick on his arm with one of the receivers.  Cost for three months' supply? --$53.  A three-month supply gotten one at a time would cost $1350.00. The cost for three months will be something like $53, much better price than $450.00 for one month he has already paid.  

Not going to the rodeo is still disappointing. We would have missed mower if we had gone. He was coming in the afternoon until he checked the heat forecast for this afternoon. It is dangerous out there with heat index over 100F. 

My friend who has suffered some debilitating injuries from falling has a son who is very ingenious and helpful to her. Her son Macgyvered a way for her to get to bathroom without falling. He attached a rope about 2" thick to one side of her bed and pulled it taut and attached it beside her commode. She said she has no trouble staying on her feet. Maybe he should patent these. Yes, she said the rope looked like something to be used on a ship. 

Decluttering has begun again. It is just never-ending, especially when I never finish and have to sort of start all over. 

It is 7:30 and 87F. Yuck. I went outdoors, and the heat was oppressive.

I have a stack of books that is growing. I will not move it. When I get new glasses, I can read. I have the prescription, just need to fill it. But, the book pile grows! At my house, I had three places to read a book in progress each place.  

Do you have a make-do way of staying on your feet or safe from any hazard? 

How many places do you read? Is there a book at each place? Do you read more than one book at a time? 

Is the heat dangerous where you live?


4 comments:

  1. That is great news on the cost of Tommy's monitors! We have stairs right next to the inside garage door. Scary for me as I have visions of me falling down that stairwell when I open that door. We installed those hand hold grab bars like we have in the shower so I can hold onto that right by the door jam. There are bannisters, but the hand hold grab bars are make me feel safer. Wow, that is really hot. Right now at 10:30pm it is 60 degrees. The tomato plants love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      We are both happy with that price.

      A door next to stairs is scary. At my house, the stairs coming down was right next to door to bathroom. I kept the light on in the bathroom all night so my children would not plunge down the stairs in the night.

      My friend refused to do so and her mother fell down the stairs while visiting, thinking she was going into their bathroom. From then on, she kept the bathroom light on, too. Her mother broke her arm. I think it was her arm.
      It is still 77F here. Sometimes, our tomatoes burn up or need shade over them because it gets so hot.

      Delete
  2. I've not heard of a forklift rodeo, interesting. Congrats to Chef Jules for the correct guess. I was at a loss over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      First, she told me a rodeo, then about the forklifts, then that the other two were involved. It was all a surprise to me.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.