Contact Me

Sunday, June 9, 2024

A Nightmare

 Two nights ago or thereabouts, I dreamed I was talking to a very polished woman and I could barely hear her. As I asked her to speak more loudly, she looked puzzled and complied. However, I still could barely hear her. After a few embarrassing exchanges, it occurred to me I was deaf. That was a panic-inducing dream. Of course, I did not sleep after that. 

Last night, I did not sleep at all. Hopefully, I can partially straighten this out tonight. 

What I saw of today was a glorious, sunny, hot day. I hate that I did not feel well enough to go out and enjoy some of this June day. My flowers seemed to be happy, too. 

I was not up when Tommy ate dinner. He had a tiny pizza crust with spaghetti sauce, chicken and cheese with a salad of Romaine mix with sweet relish and mayonnaise. I had half a chicken breast that had been frozen previously and over half a can of green beans. Later, I will have strawberries and grapes. 

The cleaner obviously did not plan to come today since she never called or came. I was too sleepy, anyway. She sorted over half of the freezer, so I want the rest done. She sorts items as I want. If it is not working, she changes and sorts it differently. It's okay with me. 

Last time I went to podiatrist, I complained that I can no longer pick up a sock or anything from the floor with my toes. She sort of laughed. Bending over to pick up a washcloth seems like a lot of trouble...lol. My flexible toes were so handy. 

Maybe the people next door took their dogs. They barked all the time. It is quiet and the yard is empty. Wouldn't a dog accustomed to people get lonely when the people only came once a day to feed them, never any interaction from adults or children?

Have you ever dreamed you were deaf or something> 

Can you still pick up things from the floor with your toes? 


 

4 comments:

  1. Ugh on the Nightmare. I've been having them lately too and I get so tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I go through spells of having dreams I can remember vividly. Usually those are the nightmares. I wish the doctor could figure out why my left ear has hurt for four or five years. Sorry you are having nightmares. They can be jarring.

      Delete
  2. I stopped taking melatonin for sleep when it gave me nightmares in the early morning hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      I took melatonin for years and never had an acceleration in nightmares or dreams. I still only had only an occasional nightmare. However, friends quit taking them because of nightmares.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.