Contact Me

Friday, June 28, 2024

Car Shopping--Cookie Crumbl and Found Money

 As I stated, we shopped for a car on Thursday. The initial contact with each car was whether I could get into the car. She was saying to come into the showroom to talk. I pointed out that walking to the door was going to be almost impossible for me, and Tommy struggled to get out of the car. So, she suggested she pull cars to my side and let me get into them. 

One car was tight getting in and very difficult. So, any car that I had to struggle so much to get into the car was out. Tommy waited in the car until I told him I might like it. I need a car with a flatter seat back, not so curved. Plus, I need a deeper seat so it does not feel like I am sitting on a bench with front of seat punching my thighs. 

We found one--2023 Pathfinder, 38K miles, for $40K. I did not let any emotion show. We came home and I called today saying the price was out of line with what we would pay for that car. She asked what was a reasonable price. I told her $30K. She suggested an older car. Or maybe mid 30s for that one. Nope, not mid. You know how car talk goes. 

We told her we really needed two cars. She was puzzled. Wanted to know if we were married, if we lived together. She wanted driver's license for some nebulous reason. I told her I was not going to be an owner, so she did not need mine. She looked worried, but accepted she was not getting my license. Like I told her, the state sent my plastic license to some place up north, so I do have valid license is anything is looked up, just do not have it in my possession. This next week, I am going to get another license. 

She offered us water when we drove up. I always say 'yes' and Tommy tells people he has enough. He now knows to say 'yes.' So, two waters. I got out of our car to get in one she brought us and found two pennies. As I got out of that car, I found another. So, two bottles of water and three pennies. As it was after five, I needed something to eat. I asked for cracker or piece of candy. They brought me a Cookie Crumbl. I didn't know there was a  Cookie Crumbl shop around here. Cookie was huge. 

Tomorrow, we will go back to see her. But, first I want to try another SUV slightly larger than the Nissan we have now. 

Tomorrow, I will post something about Trump!

9 comments:

  1. 38K miles is a lot for a 2023 car. Unless you meant 3,800.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, you have me doubting myself. I will ask when he wakes. He said it was 25K, so not sure.

      Delete
  2. Those Cookie Crumbls are good and big, yes. Please keep us updated on the car situation, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I bet chocolate is good! I will keep you updated.

      Delete
  3. Ugh. Lost another comment, so here's a repeat: It's Crumbl Cookie, not Cookie Crumbl. There are two Crumbl Cookie stores near us, one 25 miles north, one 30 miles south. I think they are the next food franchise trend, but I don't think they will be long lived. Personally, I am not a fan of Crumbl cookies. They are big, sure, but painfully sweet, and otherwise flavorless. All their cookies taste the same to me...a basic sugar cookie dough with a butter-like emulsifier. The only difference is the imitation extract flavoring and add ins like nuts or chocolate chips. They are also expensive. Dd seems to like them, more for the novelty of ordering and driving down than taste. One other kid said it's more fun to go there than eat them, because after one bite, it's an overload of sugar. My neighbor and her young daughter seem to enjoy them, but, again, more because anything even resembling a decent bakery is only only a dream around here. That said, at Christmas, Costco was selling packs of gift cards to Crumbl, four/$25 cards, for $74.99, with each card packaged in their pretty pink box. I confess to buying a pack to give cards for gifts, even though I think the cookies are overpriced and lousy tasting. As eldest said, we can bake better cookies at home, we just don't put them pretty pink boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MEG,
      I get tired and don't always proof. I knew it from typing the title. The cookies are a bit of sugar overload. But, it was the surprise of such a snack that I was writing about.

      Delete
    2. The cookies are a fun, one time visit. Also, I would be overjoyed to receive one as a premium for test driving a car!

      Delete
  4. I do not like buying cars; happily Someone does that for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I do like buying a car. I am better at it than Tommy. But, it is a joint effort.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.