Contact Me

Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Found Our Market

 Today, I concluded my business with my paid-for-dearly computer protection. On May 31, 2024, I finally hung up waiting on a call from then in ten minutes. I forgot what day after that I called for the second time. But, today, I had it. Every time I call, I have to repeat the problem even though they are making notes, they say. I talked to the third person today who refused to pass me to the person who could help me unless I repeated my problem another time. Finally, not my finest hour, I yelled at him. He said petulantly that he was going to hang up. I hung up and was planning how to get in touch with someone besides a telephone answerer.

Then, Nikhil called and asked what the problem was. I told him the two issues I was having with my computer. Then, he repeated it back to me confusing the two problems by making it one strange problem. He tried to convince me the last guy had helped me. I watched the cursor. All he did was remove the ad blocker, something I did not want him to do! When he realized I had watched the cursor, he tried convincing me I did not understand. 

Then, since he did not understand the problem, he tried to convince me again that I just needed to advance to next line by using a key. I was fit to be tied. He said in a condescending voice, "Are you having trouble understanding?" He was treating me like the village idiot or some doddering old person. I told him I have had a computer for almost 40 years. He backtracked quickly. 

I pointed out that calling me back on May 31 never happened, nor call after that. He kept trying to explain that the people were doing what they were supposed to do. Never call back?...twice? Not good customer service! Finally, he declared he solved both my problems. Not so. 

We had just returned from several successful missions. We helped a woman, her two children, her brother's child, and the grandmother. We gave her our number to give her more help. That was satisfying. 

The Farmer's market where we shopped moved locations. We missed the first day. Then, the second time, we could not find vendors we wanted. Today, we went flying out fifteen minutes before the market closed. We fund them right off the bat about 7 pm as they were closing and packing up. We talked a bit and found they would be in same spot, something we figured. I was going to buy a fresh peach lemonade, but for some reason, they just gave it to me. The drinks are not covered by vegetable card. 

Since I have Medicaid, I get a card with $50 on it to spend only with approved farmers. These farmers have to be approved, farmers not people who buy from markets to resell. We had so many vegetables today, we really could not use more. So, now we know where to shop on Tuesday for produce grown in this county. This is a nationwide program. Write me at lgd113@yahoo.com if you want more information. 

A roaring rainstorm with thunder and lightning blew through here a few moments ago. Tommy and I were so shocked we just looked at each other. It only lasted five minutes, noisy and rain blowing. More is coming from down Tuscaloosa way. Here comes the rain forecast earlier. 

By the way, if you don't like me raising my voice after five hours on the phone over a week's time with guys refusing to send me to cs, don't tell me. And, don't tell me you have never raised your voice at an obstructionist, a man who knows better than you, who will let your laptop be infested with spyware. 

This has been a long day without a much-needed nap thanks to the heat. 

How was your day? Hot where you are? I just looked out the door, and it so muggy here.



4 comments:

  1. Is there no local person who can do that computer protection for you? That's what I do. I use Malwarebytes on the recommendation of my ISP, too. Works for me. I usually have no problems with cs except the ones in India or someplace like that. My ear is not tuned to their accent and I have no problem asking to speak to someone else. The cs at Dish network used to make me go bezerk...I would wind up yelling. Nowadays, I do not deal with any company that has bad cs. I will not tolerate it. If they want my business they have to be nice and civil. If I get too pissed, I email their corporate hq or their cs. Emails always get results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      When I bought my laptop from Office Max, this is what they suggested. So I did. It has always worked well. I do not know what the change is now. I was mulling over what tack to take. That is when he called me. Tommy is having trouble with a company. He is mulling over what to do about getting a new company. I will tell about it tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. It has been a cool, rainy Spring. Today it was overcast, breezy and 60 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today, it was around 88; at 1 am, it is still 72. It is muggy. I suppose the rain is gone for tonight.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.