Contact Me

Wednesday, June 5, 2024

Telephone Woes & Cheese Issues

 Today, Tommy spent another $150 on the device to stick on his arm, Dexcom G7, to monitor his blood sugar. As it turns out, the doctor's office only gave the diabetes supply place his cell phone number. I remember giving them his home number and saying to leave a message. He did, too. Why did they not leave a message? They only called the cell phone and hung up without leaving a message. He is out $300 now. Hopefully, he can recover that and the other $150 somehow. 

In the meantime, his cell phone cannot be paid over the phone. Last night, he called as usual to make a payment. The person entered his cc # wrong. He called back and they entered it wrong again. He called his bank who confirmed they entered the number wrong and told Tommy to tell them to re-enter. The phone company re-sent the number ten times and still the wrong information was sent to bank. He is without phone service and was really upset last night. 

I tried the same thing tonight, and his cc is worthless, the same cc he has used for the last month. His bank says it works. His bank says it is tracphone issue. I was told by phone company that there was no cs because they were cs and no one else in the world could talk to us or help us. I give up, and I am making him give up. Go back to store and see if they can help. He does not want to use any other cc because he gets back money with this card. The cost is only $19/3mos. Now, he is searching for the original contract.

On the internet, I was informed that the cell number belonged to someone else. Okay, I insist after more calls and more internet tries that we stop for tonight. This exhausts me. We check and recheck the numbers we enter. It is not us. 

Today, we collected the ads. None have a sale on Kraft Medium Cheddar Cheese. That is strange there has been no sale on it for at least a month.  

When I made Mediterranean Pasta, it was not right. I thought and thought, trying to figure out what was missing. No luck. Just now, it came to me--feta cheese. No wonder it was off. 

I managed to make no calls that I needed to make today since I slept too long. However, it appears all the head congestion is cleared or clearing out. So, I am not so exhausted. I no longer feel ill. No low-grade fever. Yay for me and people who read here and get frustrated my health is obstructed by severe allergies.  

Both my citrus trees appear to have died over the winter indoors. One time, I was sick with covid and did not get in the room where they are to be watered.  Next winter, I may keep them right here in the living room! Their apparent demise makes me sad.   

Today was a pretty day but tonight we had storms blow through, but not as strong as last night. Nothing exciting happened all day long, just like I like the day to go. We did plug up the larger chargers to our chairs in case of a power outage. 

Do you ever cook something and struggle to figure out what you left out? Or, maybe what you should not have added? 

Has heard anything about supply chain issues with Kraft cheese or any other issues? 

6 comments:

  1. Whenever I give my cc number over the phone, I always have them read the numbers back to me. Are you saying 600 dollars a month for Tommy's patch" ? Wow, that's outrageous!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tewshooz,
      I do too, but Tommy does not. It is $150 everyten days. Still outrageous!

      Delete
    2. Well then, he deserves the grief his stubbornness gets him.

      Delete
    3. He likes to be stubborn. Sometimes, he learns.

      Delete
  2. Linda, the adds for standard items like your cheese generally go on sale every 6 to 8 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      But, I shop at three stores, so one or the other usually has a sale. So, I have never had to wait so long. Tommy found it at big box. I doubt my cheese will ever by so cheap as $2/lb. I suppose cheese got their cycles synced.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.