Contact Me

Wednesday, February 7, 2024

This is Awful--Chocolate Offenses+ Electricity Out

 I am horrified at the offenses committed by these chocolate companies. This information will have no affect on my decision to buy Palmer's Chocolate. I bought some on sale after a holiday years ago and could not finish it. I tossed it. 

Don't Buy this Chocolate

Tuesday night, I heard Tommy go AAAH! Then, I heard noises I could not identify and him gasping. I asked what happened. He said, "This thing broke." He then came through the door half holding up and half holding onto the walker. One leg, a round metal leg that goes from hand hold to wheel was snapped into. If he had fallen, which he almost did, the broken part could have killed him. 

The guy who sold it said if he kept breaking walkers he needed one to suit his weight. Tommy weighs 190 lbs., not enough to get a heavy duty walker. So, I ordered one from Amazon. We will give store back this walker and get his $170 back. The new one is pretty, dark green. It arrives tomorrow. In the meantime, he is using my pink one.

Last night, I was getting out of my chair at 2:45 to go to the bathroom when the lights flickered really fast. However, I kept my hand on control for the chair. It slowly went down enough I could get out. But, I was plunged into utter darkness. I yelled for Tommy to get a flashlight so I could see to get out of the room. I did not have time to let my eyes adjust. I needed to go now. 

Of course, this woke him. I was ready for bed, too. I got my lantern from the bedroom. My tiny light next to me quit working two days ago. I took the smallest pillar candle to the table next to the hall door. I took the larger to bathroom and put it on counter next to door. Behind that, I put one of the round push on led lights. At least we could see where the doors were and Tommy could use the push on puck light to go to the bathroom. 

There was a time when I could walk in total darkness in my own home, but now if I stumble or bump into something, I am down and need to be help up. I was a bit more nervous about pitch dark. Seriously, I could not see the windows because they were not receiving lights from houses around us or the moon.

We struggled to get the power packs on both our chairs, so the chairs could lift and let us down. That was an ordeal. It took both of us to work on both chairs. 

I went to bed with my lantern. I lay there for over an hour, knowing I was not going to sleep. I could not use my CD player or my sound machine. All of a sudden, I heard a noise. The heat had come on. I jumped up and the living room was flooded with light, kitchen light was on.  

Tommy would not get enough sleep to drive. So, he canceled my appointment for this morning and made another for the same time on Thursday. Then, I got a call to be there at 9 am. No way. Finally, I said I wished I could get an appointment with dr. Okay, and she gave me a time early in the afternoon. So, I am all set. The pain bends me over, so I may have to go to ER. Probably not.

Backing up--Tuesday night, I washed my hair and needed Tommy to help rinse it. I said point it right here, aiming it behind my ear on neck area. Well, I took my hands and rubbed the area to get soap out. I said to hold it right there. Then, I moved my head to rinse toward the other side. I realized that he had moved the sprayer and it was still on the first side of my head. Finally, he understood how to do it. Of course, three minutes later he was confused again.

This sink has a really high spout. I think I will just put my head under that and forgo the sprayer. Maybe not!

Today, we got two rainchecks out for Publix. They still did not have Diet Coke Caffeine Free. So, I got the last two cartons at same price it would be for bogo. Then, I have been waiting for foil that was bogo, 75 sq ft Everyday Reynolds. For bogo, it would be $4 for each. Today, the markdown was $3.99. So, I bought at sale price and tossed the bogo raincheck. 

We also collected the three sale ads. Boring, nothing we need or can stock up. I finished all my strawberries and blueberries, so we do need more of those. 

This has been a busy day with little sleep last night. We had plenty of lights to use. However, there was no full moon or it was covered by clouds. 

Have you heard of the offenses these chocolate companies have committed?

Do you know of any walker that has broken? I am talking about one of the main structures breaking into two pieces. Do you think 190 pounds is a reason for extra-sturdy walker?

Are the ads for your stores good this week?

Do you ever have profound darkness when lights go ou t? Do you worry about falling over something but could navigate when younger?

8 comments:

  1. I might need to say something to MIL who just got a lift chair. No way FIL could help her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      If the foot rest part is up, firemen had to lift me straight up to avoid breaking the raised leg part off. I cannot get past it on my own. There are several types of power packs. Ours ran out after 9 days instead of the month promised. Look in the large box between chair and wall. There is a place to put a 9-volt battery in there. It will provide one use. ONLY one use. I can give you the name of the power pack if you like. All I can see from here is Enouvation.

      The large piece of the power line that holds the 9-volt battery is just part of power system. The part we bought from Ashley is separate and replaces that part.

      Delete
  2. I should have added we have flashlights in every room plus candles in jars and matches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      We have lights, too. However, my little one I can reach just broke yesterday. It is hot pink and glows in the dark. I was frantic to get up because I had to get to bathroom. In each room, there is an electric light, but it is not for long-term, just to have a bit of light to see hand in front of face.

      Delete
  3. You know, if you have a senior center nearby, they can probably provide you with a suitable walker at no charge. I can't figure out if you don't have such services nearby, or just don't know what they do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      Take my word for it, they do not have any services like you think they do. Tommy has been in there looking for activities.

      Delete
  4. I know most walkers have a weight limit - need to check your make out. Gosh, my late hubby had his for years and he was a stocky big guy. Things just aren't made the same today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We checked it. It was fine for his weight. No, things are not as good as they were. Everything has weight limits, it seems. I am so fat that I do make sure to check weight limits.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.