Contact Me

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Car Shopping

 Wednesday, we went to Cullman and had lunch. Then, we shopped for a new vehicle. We tried 2 just sitting in them and driving around the huge parking lot. We took another one for a drive down the highway. The seat hurt my back and the seat was not very deep. I felt like I was perched on a narrow bench. The salesman saw our car seat and commented that it was deep. Otherwise, we would have driven it home. I wish I could get a more comfortable seat exchanged for this uncomfortable one. 

Today was exhausting. We ate our pick up lunch at the lake. It was serene. Then we headed off to the car dealership, PO, and Publix, and home. `

Lunch was 16 oz. bowl of soup. A salad in 12 oz cup, dressing crackers, and an oatmeal sandwich cookie with overly sweet cream filling. Tommy ate both soups while I ate both salads. I bought a chicken tender at Publix. 

For dinner Tommy had another bowl of soup. I went to bed. When I got up around 10 pm, I had cottage cheese and applesauce. I was too tired to chew. 

My gastro doctor's nurse called me. I had called and left a message about the endocrinologist who was supposed to have called. She assured me they had contacted the endocrinologist. True to everything I have experienced, his nurse was wonderful. 

I am still trying to figure out why I did not know I had gallstones and why I am not being treated for them. 

I am exhausted! The ride is hard enough on me. Throw in getting in and out of the car, negotiating, and all that car buying/shopping entails and I may recover next week! 

Does car shopping/buying exhaust you in the best of conditions? 

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Car shopping is exhausting and I don't enjoy the process. Lunch at the lake sounds so nice and such a pleasant way to eat your lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I remember it being tiring, but I am still shaky today after a nap and good night's sleep, about 11 hours sleep.

      We love the lake. It is right inside the city. of course, the city grew around it. Usually, the ducks are around, but not close enough yesterday, so we watched little kids with mothers. The lake, animals, and children make for a soothing lunch.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.