Contact Me

Friday, February 23, 2024

Alice Sent This Picture

 

It is made specifically for cleaning the windshield on the inside. I think I will give it a whirl so as not to hurt my shoulder and hand. Have you ever used one of these?

I received two checks in the mail, both for less than $10 one from a bankruptcy case$6.60. I would give you the details, but I forgot what one was for but it was $8.60. There is still a $5. check to cash. 

Today was a beautiful day, but I was still hurting, not wanting to go anywhere. I hated totally missing the pretty weather. 

This afternoon, I felt a feeling on my foot and quickly got lotion to put on it. As I looked at my foot, I thought I saw a flea. Immediately, I put the lotion on it to immobilize it. As I got it up with the ointment/lotion, it tried to get away. Thankfully, it was mired down and could not escape. I had a bowl with leftover milk where I had emptied all of the milk possible. Immediately, I put water in the bowl and ended up with murky liquid. I put my index finger and thumb that had captured the flea and got the flea into the water. A little later, I found another flea on my foot and likewise disposed of that one.  The thing with the second flea was that I was trying to kill it with my thumbnail and it jumped. I figured it jumped on me. I bent over floor and shook my hair. The flea fell back on my foot. I got more lotion to help capture that one. About thirty minutes later, a flea was on my wrist. So, I drowned another flea. 


I had Tommy spray the floor in front of my chair and under it. I had a basket of clean clothing nearby, so could not spray much until I get up shoes and laundry. I really hate fleas.

Two hours later I went to the kitchen to see if I really had three fleas since the murky liquid made it hard to see anything. Yes, as I poured it out slowly, I could see three fleas. Miraculously, they were still moving. Now, they are down the drain. Hopefully, they die. I am shocked they were still kicking around after all the lotion and water. I hate fleas. Fleas love me. 

While I was taking photo from email to send it to my blog, somehow, I put it into Paint and was able to do all sorts of things to the picture, mainly write on it. Cool!

Afterwards, I put a pink towel on the floor in front of my chair, sort of like a rug so I would not step on the wet flea killer. Just now, I bent over and could see a flea crawling on the pink towel. I sprayed it with flea killer which blew it elsewhere every spray. I also put OFF on my legs. 

Nightgowns and underwear are hung in doors of bedrooms. Towels and washcloths are ready to fold. That is my sole contribution today. Well, I did cook two hamburgers and took eyes from red potatoes. And, I did declutter a smidgen. Now, I know which receipts to save and which are not in recycling. 

Dinner--hamburgers, carrots, potatoes, broccoli (which we forgot in microwave).

We decided not to go to Cullman tomorrow since I am still bone-tired. 

We are both looking pretty skaggy--his hair is too long and mine desperately needs color. So, maybe we will do that tomorrow.  We cancelled an outing today. We do have another planned for Saturday. 

Resident Alien is back!!! Do you watch this?

I hope everyone's weekend is predicted to be as pretty as our weekend will be.

Do you have a car windshield inside tool like the one in picture? If so, how is it? 

 

15 comments:

  1. I used to have one of those windshield things. They are really nice to clean the windshield. Glad you caught some fleas, they are such a nuisance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I cannot wait to get one! Of course, I caught three fleas in less than ten minutes, so how many must I have? I will spray more of the carpet tomorrow and put out flea traps.

      Delete
  2. I had not seen one of those devices - looks pretty handy.
    Amazingly I have not seen a flea in the house in years - even with pets. I keep meds on them.
    It is snowing here this morning after nearly 70 earlier in the week - then back to getting warmer tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I hope it works well as it looks to do. The inside of the windshield are so hard to clean.
      I suppose I need to wear meds on me or a flea collar on my ankles.
      I would take snow as long as it is sandwiched between 70 degree days. That way, it melts soon while it is still pretty.

      Delete
  3. I share your dislike of fleas though they fascinate me. I did a research paper on them in college.. Nine cats, no fleas, and I don't treat regularly, though this area is prime for them due to our mild winters and lack of sunshine during winter, but our summers are too dry for them. (Sunlight desiccates eggs, and they need humidity to hatch.) Also, I don't let my cats outside, and we have all hard flooring. Plus, while a kid or two may leave some things out every now and then, we're not slobs. I have been in a home with an infestation. (Long story I can't share.) We were horrified. Of course, nobody could tell those people anything either, then it was too late. I can't imagine living that way. Fortunately, my kids appreciate what it takes to avoid a home sinking to that state. In any case, the pesticide isn't going solve the issue, and may create health issues for you, especially if you have asthma or are prone to contact dermatitis. Fleas have four life stages. You need to get that place vacuumed thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I do have asthma and contact dermatitis. However, long ago I decided I could die happy as long as I did not itch. I went into a man's house after I helped him move something I sold him. I was covered with fleas, and one bit me on my nipple. He said they rarely bit him. I am a magnet.

      Getting the house vacuumed may never happen! Tommy is limited in how much he can vacuum. I cannot at all. And, there is still the problem of finding the floor in places.

      The Raid I use kills eggs. I read that flea eggs can hibernate for years and be reactivated years later. This would occur in an abandoned house when people walked in it. There were no fleas here until a cat decided our porch was a good place to nap.

      Delete
    2. Egg, larva, pupa, adult. They don't "hibernate." The pupa stage protects it from things like insecticide. It will emerge as a flea when conditions are optimal for survival of the adult. The presence of a host is detected through heat, photo and motion receptors in the organism., from, say, a human walking. Hence, why vacuuming is so effective...the heat, light and motion attracts the organism.

      Delete
    3. I did not know technical term for stages. I just knew it could last years until activated and got to me. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I have been watching Resident Alien. So funny! My dd watches it, too, and we then compare what lines we thought were the funniest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I could not believe RA on, wondering if I have missed episodes. We laugh the whole time.

      Delete
  5. I don't think it's safe to wear flea collars around your ankles, but I would certainly scatter some around the perimeter of your chair and tape some to the footrest of your recliner for sure.

    Here's what seems to be a very simple way to catch fleas using soap, water, a tray (or just a plate?), and a flashlight:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYhINF2JdBY

    Season 2 of Resident Alien was such a dog that we stopped watching. But y'all are making Season 3 sound so good I may have to force myself to watch the rest of S2 so I can enjy S3. I gotta say, S1 was the BEST.

    We have also started watching S1 of The Bear. I hear S2 is pretty good as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is not safe to wear flea collars on my ankles. otherwise, I would...lol.
      I was telling Tommy about the flea trap. Funny.
      The part in NYC was not as good as the rest, but I powered through.
      The other I have never seen.

      Delete
  6. I have one of those car window cleaners. It *can* be a pain, as the cleaning pad tends to flip down away from the window, and the cloth can leave linty bits. But it does work wonders for getting to the bottom area of the windshield & back window. A few linty bits are better than the foggy haze that builds up.
    I'm so glad I never had to deal with fleas. How that happened with a dog and a cat going in and out, I do not know. They did give ticks get a ride inside though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JustGail,
      My middle name is Gail.

      I saw one that was pointy on one end and triangular and wondered if it would be better. Maybe the lint will go away after the cover is washed. I agree that lint is minor compared with what I have.
      One time, I carried in the fleas. I was sitting at a baseball game where a dog had been lying. Well, my feet were there. That night, I discovered I had fleas. I am telling you--they love me!

      Delete
  7. I have that tool. I found it at the 99c only store. This is my second one. I keep it in the car and the hot interior caused the elastic to fail on the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.