Contact Me

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Great Thursday




Today, I had a very good doctor's appointment. I had an appointment with my gastroenterologist. However, a text said I was going to have a np. That frosted me. But, I went. 

When she came in, I told her I like getting an np because they were smart, listened, and always helped me except for one witch. I told her I was sure she could help me. Then, I told her I was expecting the doctor since that is who I was told I would see. She explained that she thought she would not be there, and was trying to lighten his load. She said I could see him when we were through. 

I have had pain in my right flank that gets worse over time and makes it hard to move and walk. Since I had this in 1968 after a kidney infection and sepsis after the birth of my son, I knew the feeling. 

Plus, I have had a knot under my ribs on the right side. It is visible and can be easily felt most of the time. At one point, I could see it. I did tell her it started hurting about 5 days after the fall over the walker. Plus, pain is now up in right collarbone.

This appointment was scheduled to discuss the scope of my esophagus and stomach. So, not just for pain. 

Now, there is an appointment for CT on knot in soft area under ribs and to check pancreas. My father and his mother both died of pancreatic cancer at head of pancreas. I look most like that side of the family, allergies and all that includes.

Plus, I now have an appointment for colonoscopy. There is no liquid to drink, just pills to take with water. 

Hopefully, I never have the woman push me who did today. She ran the wheelchair into everything. She tried to creep around the door facing and hit the other side of the door every time. She did not seem to understand that she was making the wheelchair longer by it going in at an angle. She also disagreed that going in straight forward, not at an angle would work better. She stressed me! 

I took Tommy string cheese, a little stick of meat and a peeled tangerine. He did not argue as usual. He even took the cheese out and ate it while we were waiting in the exam room. 

The doctor is even going to get me in to a someone for my thyroid surgery. Many doctors say they are not allowed to recommend anyone. I doubt that. One doctor said he was new in the area and did not know anyone to recommend. Well, his father had an office upstairs that he could ask and let me know later through a nurse. I fired him. 

Today was fruitful. We came straight home and then went to grocery for a few things. I needed to get CLR to clean jets in commode before the jets starting closing up. I bought something else that should work fine. I wanted strawberries but they only had them in clear, plastic, heart-shaped clamshells. They were too expensive, but I will count them as part of my Valentine. I bought Pepsi b2g2 and then watched the guy load regular Pepsi instead of the Diet Pepsi. I was tired and had told him Diet. So, that means a trip tomorrow. I forgot bbq sauce and Oxyclean. 

It was annoying to get home and the walker was not here. But, I heard the guy come at 8:30. Tommy does not want my help putting it together. I have had deliveries not come when promised. And, that was okay, but this was for a walker. Tommy is dribbling food all over my walker. His is streaky and filthy. Mine is spotless. Now, he can dribbled olive oil all over this one. 

EDIT: Tommy successfully assembled the walker. I knew he could. He struggles so to get parts and pull the walker around assembling it. I neglected to say, but it is a dark green, much darker than the picture. It looks black! He said the 10" wheels did help to push it in the grass. The ones he has had were very difficult to use in grass, especially St. Augustine grass. I forgot to say all this. 

Dinner: chicken breast and bbq, green beans for me. Plus, beef from a kabob. Tommy had the rest of my kabob. Tommy: 2 kabobs of beef and onion, plus other vegetables, don't really know. I will have salad in a bit. 

This morning I told Tommy to get me up at least by 10 am. I awoke about 5 minutes until 11 am. That put me in a bind for time. He swears I told him 10 am. The reason he wakes me is my alarm is so tiny, it is difficult to set the time. Plus, he needs/wants to get up and shower before he gets me up since we share the bathroom. Plus, he will get variable water temps in the shower if I start using water in the kitchen. I figured someone would wonder why I cannot wake myself with an alarm. 

Wednesday night, I actually was sleepy early, so at 2 am I went to bed and slept until 11, so 9 hours sleep, making up for too few hours sleep the last few nights. 

Today was a very good day! This doctor is absolutely the nicest doctor, well him and gyno guy.

Tomorrow will be rainy and all the way to Tuesday.

Tommy is struggling to assemble this walker while sliding off his walker with parts all over. He cannot sit up and has no lap. 

Do you find some doctors much better people than others? He has good bedside manners, answers questions, just all around nice man and good doctor.  

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I was apprehensive about the visit, since I was not seeing the doctor. Plus, I worry about Tommy's driving. Therefore, a great day since I saw the doctor and Tommy's blood sugar was obviously stable.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a really good day and very productive. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Yes, I felt like great strides forward for my healthcare have been made.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.