Contact Me

Monday, February 12, 2024

Microfiber Cleaning Cloths

 The last time I tried, I could not reply to comments on my blog. 

Tommy chopped and cooked the ground beef tonight since I did not want the meat to spoil. Now, I can make spaghetti. It smelled so delicious, we ate that instead of chicken. Tomorrow, I might make spaghetti sauce with pasta. 

Today, I saw my primary physician for the first time since last summer. He had to come get me in the wheelchair they finally acquired. He did not even speak to me. Usually, he is so friendly. We waited over 45 minutes for someone to get me from the car. 

He pronounced what I had, based on what tests are listed for this week. He read tests as results. Not impressed. My blood pressure was 114/63. Good.

I am not sure why there was such vitriol toward me. I am in no way in control of this house. Most of you should know that. Things are falling apart because his plan it to sell the house 'as is' someday when he goes into a home and not spend money on it now. I try to convince him of the folly of his ways, but I am screamed at by him and readers, now. 

I lived with dozens of roaches on kitchen counter each night and day until I just became hysterical at the sight. I was so stressed at having them around even though I did my best to clean every day and even several times a day. I had roach killer that he refused to allow me to use. Now, he is much more cooperative on that and many counts. Maybe I won't mention any more deficits in this house since it distresses some of you. 

No one knows the real story of my house's decline, so don't throw that up to me. It only makes me more reticent to disclose anything because people have solutions that are unrealistic.

Do you use microfiber cloths to clean. I did have many that I got free from a service station when I bought gas. Those are gone. But, I purchased a few. They have specific ways to wash and dry, things not on the packages. Since I want more than the three I have, I will follow the directions for washing and drying in the link in the first sentence of this paragraph.

Apparently, I knew very little to nothing about them and ruined them. There was a section on hospital use.

How do you wash and dry microfiber cloths if you use them?

Did you ever get microfiber cloths free for buying gas back when the cloths first came out?

13 comments:

  1. I don't use the microfiber cloths as they tend to stick to my fingers and I don't like that. Isn't that odd? I read a lot though about others using them and mentioning how good they are to use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Not odd. Creepy! They do that to me when they are new. So, I suppose I ruin them before i can use them. I wonder why they do that.

      Delete
  2. Oh! I forgot to mention, 45 minutes is a long time to wait on a wheelchair. I've been there and done that, so I know how that makes you feel. It's not right that the dr treated you like that. I have to wonder if some days they are so busy they forget they are dealing with real people. My daughter's dr will do that to her from time to time. I don't like it one bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      He has never done that before. I think the woman at front desk was offended that I asked for someone to push me. She was very prickly. And, she was even worse when he got me in. She was more prickly when I checked out. I think it was her attitude and response to my need and very polite asking.

      Delete
  3. I do use microfiber - but hate the feel on my hands. I usually use them with gloves. I wash with light colors and air dry. Of course, I air dry most everything. Fabric softener leaves a coating on the microfiber.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet gloves would help lots. I will have to try that. When I could hang things out, I did air dry. Then, I started drying them out of ignorance. I never use fabric softener, so no problems there.

      Delete
  4. I must admit when I read how Tommy gets into the shower I just cringed at the eventual accident waiting to happen. There may also come time when he's not strong/well enough to get himself inside like that. Hopefully he will have something different installed, like you are hoping. I know you aren't in control of his house or what he does and you've done well to get him to make changes. In consideration of yourself, do you have a backup plan of where you would live if Tommy had to sell the house to move into a care home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      Oh, I cringed when I saw him. I did not say a word because I wanted him to get out successfully. He did not need any kind of comment from me, good or bad. I think it will happen this summer. I hope so. I have ideas but why open myself up to criticism. I doubt you would.

      Delete
    2. You don't have to share your ideas, I was just worried and hope you have a backup plan.

      Delete
    3. Email me at lgd113@yahoo.com

      Delete
    4. I think you asked me about waking up with an alarm. Yes, I can wake with an alarm. However, I bought a teeny micro-alarm that is difficult to set. We started his waking me, and have just continued it. He never objects and always asks me when I want to get up.

      Delete
  5. I personally think that both you and Tommy are doing really great with supporting and caring for each other sometimes in quite difficult circumstances. Your support for each other enables you both to live an independent quality of life in your own home and you often throw humour and positivity into the mix which is a wonderful way to handle adversity. I enjoy reading your Blog Linda and wish you both the very best. I don't use micro fibre cloths, I just use whatever item
    happens to be ready to tear up to use as a cleaning cloth, I seem to always find something or other to recycle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tuliika,
      I appreciate that you recognize that we do support each other. Being in our own place and having independence is important to both of us. I try my best to stay positive! I won't give up. I think the fact the microfiber cloths grabs more dust (so they say) is the reason I ever bought them. Oh, but I got them free with gas years ago. So, free was good. I tear up items too, for cleaning. Some of the dish towels I bought four years ago are falling apart. But, I only paid 33cents or 50 cents for those on sale.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.