Contact Me

Friday, February 2, 2024

Strawberry Love Notes + Doctor Fails

 


I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter.

So cute for any occasion. RECIPE HERE No, not making these.

I figured out tonight that I forgot to put brown rice in the taco soup. I knew it did not taste the same and just thought it needed more cheese. Tommy ate a whole bowl the night I cooked it. I ate about a half cup when I felt unwell. He thought it was delicious. I just thought it was food. 

Tommy's finger is still very infected and hurts. I never lanced it or anything since I have been suffering malaise today. He is soaking it in salt water and will get some mupiricin applied. A nap late helped a bit. My right hand, injured in 1980 hurts worse than ever. I have to remember not to try to lift a 190-pound man from the floor again. 

Today was a wonderful day because I did not have to cook or think about cooking! Tommy even brought my food to me. He knew I felt unwell.

I talked to someone who knows someone who can come help in the house. I hope the person calls. Keep your fingers crossed for me. 

The doctor did not call about the specimen. I suppose I don't have a uti. But, how long does it take to call?

His office also did not send the form for lymphedema therapy. I asked them to send a referral. Something was sent that was not adequate. I talked to the therapist! She sent a form back to the doctor on the same day he sent in whatever he sent. So, I have waited patiently since Jan. 9 for a call and an appointment. I hate to be melodramatic, but this is traumatizing! I am so frustrated!

Tommy carried two huge Publix tote bags of newspapers to the car so we can put it in Publix recycling tomorrow. Ooops, we were taking this to the animal shelter, so change of plans. 

Today, it was so warm that I saw a sweat bee out and about. He was trying to get in the car window. Are things that eager to sting me? I think it was 73 here today, but stinging weather? I hope not.

Now, I get to spend the weekend waiting to call the doctor for two fails. I really hate to change doctors to get proper and timely treatment. 

Saturday, I plan to cook bscb. Sunday, I plan to try to partially empty and rearrange the freezer. How about you? What plans do you have for the weekend?

Any sales? Great accomplishments? Small accomplishments?

5 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I wouldn’t make them either, but they are so adorable. Anytime the weather warms up just a smidge here come those stinking bees. Ugh! I hope your doctor calls with good test results and you get your lymphedema referral. I know how frustrating it can be to wait on these things. I am still waiting for my leg pump to be approved and it was supposed to be done by January 31st, but I’m still waiting. Sigh. We cleaned more in my Dad’s office and kitchen and washed kitchen dishes and items to keep and sell. Some things have been just sitting for years and are/were very dusty. I hope you have a very good weekend and enjoy your bscb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I did not realize how warm it was, I suppose. I was hoping for a pump soon, but seems like I cannot even get in to see someone to order it. I will push for the pump, not just wait.
      I can imagine how hard cleaning and clearing everything is. Sitting in gas heated places makes its own kind of special dirtiness.
      This package/s will be enjoyed for weeks to come. I had a very good night's sleep and at night! However, the malaise comes back in an hour. It will be a better day, at least for a bit.

      Delete
  2. OMG those are super cute!!!! And so easy!

    I did laugh at the video, though. Only 2 envelopes from an entire pie crust? I could do better than that in my sleep!

    The only problem is that's an awful lot of crust to jam. I wonder if they could be made with sheets of phylo? I've got some in the freezer; if I attempt this I shall be sure to report back for everyone's amusement. LOL!

    Ugh, what the hell is it about Dr.'s offices not returning calls? How hard is it for your doc's office to call back and say, "Specimen clear!" ?

    My derm prescribed a cream med for me. Went to pick it up and it was $2,300!! Not covered by insurance! The pharm said there was a much cheaper generic gel option available. So I called my derm, left a message (because they don't seem to pick up phones there either, GRRRR!) to call me back. They didn't. Called again next day and left the same message. Still no callback.

    Then I get a text from my pharm saying the new script was in. Well, WHAT THE HELL, Dr. Derm's office? You couldn't give me a quick call telling me "We changed the script!"?? Assholes. I have an appt next week and tell the doc his staff needs to smarten up and return f-ing calls!

    I share your frustration on this one, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lynphedema person asked me why I had not called back in this whole ordeal, either to her office or my doctor. I said everyone has this dire warning not to leave multiple calls because it will delay the process. And, her number never had a way to leave a message. I am not stupid, just trying hard to get things done without getting a reputation for being hard to deal with!
      In a land and time far away, I did get calls saying the specimen was clear. At least, I felt like someone was there and paying attention.

      Delete
    2. Sue,
      I did not read the recipe. But, only two envelopes from pie dough? Those little envelopes would cost a fortune. I agree about the phylo. I would like pictures in email. lgd113@yahoo.com.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.