Contact Me

Thursday, February 15, 2024

Feb. 14th

 Today, I went into Publix to get strawberries and blueberries that were not in stock on Monday. Still, none were there. I asked the produce guy who told me they were on the front of the produce aisles. What? It turns out there were blueberries and strawberries there two days ago, just in a different location. They are usually at the back of the produce aisle. Oh, well. 

Tommy went into Publix on the 13th and came out, saying there must be 500 balloons in the store, all full of air. I thought he was exaggerating, but when I went in on Valentine's Day, I decided he was mistaken because there could easily have been 1000 balloons. There were ballons on top of each counter of the store. The sight was amazing. 

After I went through the two sets of double doors, there was only a three- or four-foot space to get into the rest of the store. The crowd was worse than a Christmas crowd and it was only 2 pm. 

I bought a tiny pale pink azalea to put outside once I harden it off. Plus, I got one of the heart-shaped ballons that is now in the living room anchored (heavy disk) on the floor and soaring to the ceiling. I have never had one of this type of balloon. 

Balloons are apt to float away. I have seen ballons anchored with all sorts of heavy items. This balloon accessory has all bases covered. It is heavy. It is magnetic. It has a hook. It is a white disk. 

This past weekend, I decided to get a magic bullet smoothie maker. It has a small base and three cups. Someone gave me one like it and after cleaners had been here, I cannot find the base. It was only about four inches across and four inches high. I suppose it is here, but where? I have low-fat Greek yogurt, so I need to make smoothies.

Tommy asked me several months ago if I wanted Chinese. Well, yes but not inside, just carryout. I don't know if the place I ate 25 years ago is still here or even the name. I know Anne said which Chinese place was best, but I forgot. So, we never went. 

Today, he was talking about getting lunch at home before we went out. I have wanted a chili cheese footlong from Sonic. He keeps saying he does not know if we have hotdogs in the freezer. So, I wanted to go to Sonic. We carried out own diet drinks. This was not a Valentine meal, just something I have wanted for a month. So, we went. They brought my chili cheese coney without napkins or a fork. I refuse to eat the footlong hotdog with my hands since I would really need to wear a bib. Tommy called back and finally they brought me a fork and a wad of napkins. It was almost cold by then. But, it was delicious. 

Then, we went to Publix. 

We came home to put away fruit and for me to go to bathroom. We had another stop to make at a big box. While out, I found a fabric sale and stayed buying fabric--red velvet, red with sparkly design, white sheer with sparkles, pink fabric with sparkles, grey? tulle. I bought something else but forgot what. It must be in the car still. I did get Tommy a tiny heart box of candy, the king that has four pieces. It is still in the car, too. He only brought the fabric into the house, something I did not know. 

Surprisingly, it was still quite light out, but by the time we got home around 6 pm, it was the last of the light. When we got out of the car, I realized the strawberries and blueberries had been in the car for 4 hours! 

I have not had a blender since I moved here. I could get one, but there is no storage space on the counter or inside doors. I never used the old one for anything but smoothies, anyway, and I love the one someone gave me. So, I just bought a smoothie maker like I was gifted. 

Since Tommy chopped and cooked the ground beef with onions last night, I cooked spaghetti tonight. It was delicious. Plus, there is enough for at least two more meals for each of us. I should not have to cook for about five or six days with the cooked chicken and vegetables here. 

I brought home two large cuts of pork a few days ago, not sure what cut at the moment, and Tommy left both in the refrigerator. I wanted them in the freezer. When I discovered they were mostly thawed, I was not happy, but nothing to do except cook both now. Plus, I need to cook the last of three cabbages. I suppose I will be slicing and freezing ten pounds of pork. We need to have people over...lol. And, I want navy beans to eat. 

In the big box store, the shelves had mostly been stripped of Valentine's Day merchandise. Employees were busy putting out swim season stuff like floats and blowup kiddie pools. Then, it is on to St. Patrick's Day. Then Easter. 

I am up too late since I need to wash my hair before a doctor's appointment. Last night, I slept nine hours, so I suppose tonight I won't sleep at all tonight. 

Today was the first day since the middle of September that I have left the house without a scarf with a jacket or sweater. I was warm until we arrived home. The sun leaving the sky was chilling. 

What food do you start wanting that you just don't manage, somehow, to have to eat, either at home or out? 

 

6 comments:

  1. In fairness to your Sonic server, I have never seen anyone eat a hotdog, chili cheese or otherwise, with a fork. He probably wasn't expecting it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm checking to make sure everything is OK with you. You've not posted in few days, which is very unlike you. Let us know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes yes YES! I finally found you! The link I had didn't work as it ended with .som not .com. ho ho ho
    I have missed hearing all your shenanigans; I will be regular now.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.