Contact Me

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

The Park

 Today, I recovered from sleep loss and the malaise I have felt. It was weird. 

Today, I tried to reach Macy's, but nothing worked. So, I will try again tomorrow, try a different tack. 

I spray a section near my chair where there were/are still more fleas. We went for a drive, stopped at the park to watch tennis, walkers, kids playing and two baseball games. A guy went into the walking area. We saw what he carried, thinking it was some sort of bat or racket that he was carrying and maybe going to another place after walking. 

The thing he carried was a 2x2x24" stick. There were pieces of metal, maybe brackets attached to both ends. I concluded it was meant to be a weapon. Eventually, Tommy came to the same conclusion. Maybe he is afraid in this park mid-afternoon. Since the whites were greatly outnumbered, maybe he was afraid of black violence. The way things are going around here, he should carry a gun. If we ever see him again, I want to ask him what he is carrying. Of course, he may be the violent one.I was not fearful at all. Neither was Tommy. 

Buds were swelling. Birds were out and about. A bluebird sat on a birdhouse. I wonder about that since bluebirds don't like their houses close to things. This was six feet in front of the car. Dandelions were in abundance. Soon, it will be time to mow. 

Near Christmas when we drove through the park, I was surprised by a cache of bikes. Some were tiny; some were the size a ten-year-old might ride. Earlier in my life I might have claimed on of the dumpster bikes to paint for the yard to hold flowers. Maybe if it had been warmer and drier in December, I might have gotten one for the yard. A can of spray paint would fix it right up. 

People use the park dumpster for their personal dump. I have found things that I got for myself, but right now, I have forgotten. There are things in good shape that I don't get, but someone should. People leave the large things by the dumpster not inside. 

Dinner--I had chicken with Vidalia bbq sauce from Sweet Baby Ray's, slaw, lettuce, tomato, huge plum. Tommy--honey baked turkey breast, slaw, carrots, peas, broccoli. 

I may have broccoli later as a snack. Right now, I need to wash up a few dishes before the 10pm news.  It has been five hours and there are no fleas jumping on me. 

Not much was done today. Tomorrow, I have a doctor's appointment. That will exhaust me. Then, a woman comes to vacuum. UGH

Today, Tuesday, was not exciting, got a bit of decluttering done, but there was no drama. Today was restful. I needed that. 

Was there any excitement in your life today?

Decluttering? 

Creativity? 

6 comments:

  1. Our excitement for yesterday was finding out someone hit our brick mailbox after we left the house yesterday morning. It did quite a bit of damage to their vehicle, as there were car parts strewn across the lawn and driveway. There is no indication they tried to stop to let us know. The neighbor has a ring camera that includes the end of our driveway.

    The top half of the structure was twisted, as if a Rubik's cube. Another neighbor came with a tractor to try to push the top back around, but too much damage was done, and the top half split down the middle. So now we need a new mailbox. This one has been there 30 years with no issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I suppose 30 years was a good run. At least the person has caused himself a problem. It seems like it was an accident. Can you collect the parts and determine anything about the car? I would try to figure it out so they could pay for this. I wonder if the person was under the influence. That is quite a bit of excitement. I would certainly be on the lookout for the perpetrator. Sorry for the excitement.

      Delete
    2. Hubby went to the body shop in our town. We're friends with the owner (and he used to be our neighbor). Hubby wanted to let him know if anyone came to him needing a bunch of parts, that it might be the one who hit us. Body shop owner ended up calling the town police. The officer came by the house later and collected all of the parts. He is determined to figure out who it was.

      It was out thought, too, that it might have been someone who had a REASON not to stop. But they have so much damage on their vehicle, it's going to be obvious.

      Delete
    3. Alice,
      That is good that the police are on this. Maybe you will at least get money you spend to get it all replaced/repaired.

      Delete
  2. Linda! I don't think you should try to strike up a conversation with someone carrying a homemade club embedded with metal!

    Man With Weapon. What on earth about that sentence makes you think it would be good to investigate?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Sue, we discussed that not being a good course of action.

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.