Contact Me

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Lost! Lost! Lost!

 However, I am quite sure we will find it again. When Tommy and I want to give something to each other, we often toss whatever it is. He tossed me the remote and it bounced high on the arm of my chair, going to the back. We searched for two hours. How far can it go? 

Tommy had to army crawl behind a table and my chair, chancing unplugging lamps and computer and power to chair. He never systematically searches. He cannot see under the other chair in corner so just crawled on top of everything, randomly picking up things. Yes, it is a mess. Of course, we sorted as he went about. 

I called a friend who lives in Cullman who is going to come and clean next Monday. However, we do not want to wait until then to find the remote. She already comes to clean two houses down here. I knew she came down here, so was hoping she could find the remote and asked her about cleaning. She called a friend who was on her way back to Birmingham.

Okay, three females came by on their way from a baby shower in Cullman back to Birmingham, friends of woman who I am friends with in Cullman.

The mother and two teen girls were so nice. The mother has back problems but wanted to look on table where it could not be. She also looked around on the floor. The older teen crawled around behind me, searching everywhere as I told her and how I told her. Then, they wanted to look under the quilt I keep on my chair. So, I let her. 

I have a tall nylon clothes hamper that I keep throw, jacket, little pillow and other stuff corralled. Tommy had looked in their twice last night. I saw him looking once again today as he had it on his walker by the door.  I was baffled as to why the remote disappeared. After we all said our goodbyes, he asked them to look in there one more time. The older teen did. And...

SHE FOUND IT.

The mother had her hand on the door, ready to push it open. I already knew Tommy was not thorough. He knew it must be there, he said. So, this was over 12 hour ordeal--two hours last night and thirty minutes of searching today. 

They refused money. She said, "Don't take our blessing away." 

I am so stressed about all of this. 

AND

Harry spent thirty minutes with King Charles! 

People talk about Biden being too old. 

Orange Idiot is still at it, denigrating everyone. 

However, my friend from Cullman will come here Monday to at least do two hours of work, like changing my bed, maybe emptying the freezer and helping to sort and replace. The living room needs dusting desperately.  She is bringing someone back to Birmingham that has been visiting a relative in Birmingham, so she is bringing her to help clean. So, 2 people for 2 hours for $75. 

AACK! When I finished the last sentence, I was desperate to go to bathroom. I had finished that paragraph, so time to go.

But, it was not to be. The chair would not work. The teen obviously had unplugged the battery pack. Tommy called firemen to get me out of the chair. As they got me up, they were turning the chair to front and tipping chair over. I thought I would be on the floor. Well, they heaved me up from floor and I rushed off to bathroom. Tommy said I was screeching and so were they, warning each other to not let me fall. I would have been so disgusted if I pooped in my pants. I was that close. 

When I came back frm the bathroom, I easily plugged the power pack back in and they left. If my feet are down, I have the power pack where I can plug or unplug it myself. With the footrest up like it was, I cannot bend to get to the powerpack nor can Tommy. I doubt I ever could have bent to floor sitting like that. 

This is so stressful. Of course, I have not bought more 9 volt batteries. We need a powerpack that plugs to wall for power but will switch to powerpack when electricity is off. Or, something like that. 

Before the news comes on, I will get bscb in bag to cook. Tommy has plenty of meat for dinner. I don't. 

Before anyone tells me not to watch the news to relieve stressors, that won't work. I need to know what is happening. I need to make up my mind about the facts. 

I will need to shop for colonoscopy prep. I was given specific foods to eat and not to eat. The paper says, "NO Substitutions." Okay, I will follow it to the letter. It is several weeks away, but I don't want to wait until the last minute or even the last week. 

Somehow, I thought we would get more rain today. We have had none, so I suppose it will come in later than expected. At 5 pm, it is 63F and bone dry here. By 6 pm, the temperature is now 64F. 

As Friday ended, I thought things were going fine and the weekend would be quiet. Maybe the last half of the weekend will be more peaceful here. Keep your fingers crossed. 

Okay, dinner of bscb, carrots, and red potatoes will be done at 6:30. I will open green beans and next week will buy more coleslaw mix. 

Two weeks ago, I was looking at pork loins that are factory sealed in heavy plastic. They were 2 for $9. As I was looking at different spices on them. All of a sudden there were turkey tenders, huge ones. So, I bought two of those. I will bake them and slice to use for sandwiches on the go. 

What are your plans this weekend? 

Next week?

Any Valentine's Day celebrations? 

Do you or anyone you know have a lift chair? Ever get stuck in one? 


8 comments:

  1. Yes, as you know, we had a lift chair. My husband was in it, I in my wingback recliner listening to the wind blow, when all of a sudden the power went out. It was our favorite m, where we didn't have a standby generator. My then 12 year-old son easily pulled him out. Without missing a beat, another kid said "what we need is a hydraulic jack," and then simulated the noise and motion of using a jack, causing me to fall on the floor in peals of laughter. Honestly, that lift chair was the most comfortable chair EVER, except that the fabric made is get static electric shocks! In this house, our chairs aren't against the wall, so nowhere to plug a lift chair in, they float, so we have manual leather recliners. All my chairs recline, and all the seating in our living areas is leather. It's much easier to keep clean with kids and pets, and much better for allergies, which I have!
    FYI: I find tossing balled up socks at the t.v.screen whenever I hear something vile, evil, or stupid does wonders for relieving stress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      No one could drag me out. It took two firemen to pull me straight up. Well, that was the plan. They are probably back to lifting weights. This lift chair is comfortable. I keep a quilt over it. Leather would be great for me sitting and eating in it.
      That must have been funny with the kid making noise.
      Elvis had the right idea--just shoot the screen.

      When Daphne on Frasier gained weight and was in the floor, the dad and both brothers helped her up. Dad remarked that it took 3 Cranes to get her up. Now, I did laugh hard.

      Delete
  2. Glad you found the remote! lol. That sort of thing happens all to often here. However, our culprit is Scruffy, the dog that performs disappearing acts.
    Our plans this weekend are to watch the Super Bowl tomorrow with some of our kids. I am taking lasagna, a huge salad and garlic bread.
    Thank you for popping by my blog and leaving a comment. Happy Saturday night- Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NanaDiana,
      I would die if I had help losing things.
      We will watch only to see if Taylor Swift is on screen. I want lasagna!

      Delete
  3. Your life would be boring if it weren't for chaos!!! LOL
    Just a quiet day here - absolutely will not be turning on super bowl - nothing there I care to see at all. Commercials will all air in later days and as for entertainment - it is usually disgusting. Not a Swift fan, so no need to watch.
    Just another Sunday! Hoping you have a quiet day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Oh, that is so true! Of course, I some days do not get to control the outcome of my days. But, after getting stuck in my chair, things calmed down.
      I can go on internet and find the commercials, too. I am a Swift fan, but I will wait for the internet to air her appearance.
      Thanks. I am going to prepare for cleaning women coming on Monday.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you found the remote! Yay! And I'm glad you made it to the bathroom in time. Thank goodness for the firemen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Me too! I would have been ready to go buy a remote or a new tv. Oh, getting to the bathroom was a miracle! I am going to bake up some goodies to take to the fire station to thank them.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.