Contact Me

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Week in Review So Far and Forward

Colored leaves? No, the oak is shedding brown leaves as the green ones hang on until they are brown. There are no bright yellow leaves coating my car this year, just brown bits stuck to the car. And, the rain has them plastered to the ground. Brown carpet anyone?

Monday, I was stressed and tired after dealing with J. I set my alarm to go to one of the lunches I love on a Tuesday. That was my one thing on the list of things to do on Tuesday.  J sounded pleased to go, no hesitancy when I asked her if she wanted to go.

Monday night, I folded three loads of towels and such, about 50 washcloths. The sitting up, even on the bed, hurt my back. But, it was so rewarding to see clean and folded laundry. I set the alarm for 8 am. I awoke at 12:03 pm! I set the alarm, but I did not set the alarm switch.  I was fit to be tied. I missed the lunch!

I only had one thing left of the list after she cancelled going with me to get things for her--going to lunch and by myself. Monday about 3 pm, J called and said she felt like crap and would not be able to go in the morning (Tuesday). In a very stern voice, I asked her exactly how she knew she would feel in 18 hours. I asked her what the real reason was. Her pitiful, weak, sick voice went away. In a very harsh tone she said, "Okay, I just don't want to go." I countered with, "Not even for free sheet set, pillows, and blanket plus food?"

She explained that it was so much easier having all their bills in one payment each payday. It is easier than having to pay a bunch of bills. She went on and on about her economy of paying one bill. I told her bundling is more expensive, always, that I had done that with my communication needs, like phone and internet, and tv, that mine was NOW all under $100 BY NOT BUNDLING,and I still had a smart phone to use away from the house for making money. (now, that will happen in two weeks.)

She was amazed and recovered quickly, saying her bf was going to give up their phone since they could use the hotel phone for free. Her relatives are long distance, plus she needs to call parole officer several times a month. When I reminded her she could not use the motel phone for long distance calls without paying for the calls, she just sounded confused. Obviously, she does not know that phone service can be set up not to accept long distance calls.

So, the list below meant nothing. I wasted my time on a plan and was so tired and disgusted with her I forgot to set the alarm!

This was the plan for Tuesday:

sign up at one food bank
go to place that will give her some of this stuff she needs
go to one of the lunches (0nly thing for me!)
go back to 1st food bank to get bedding where we will be in line by signing in
get food for both of us
get sheets if not gotten at first one
try to stuff all our freezer stuff in my half-full freezer
put the rest of her refrigerated stuff in one of my crispers
take her to free clinic (more later in post)

Then, she canceled the day.

She made $20 washing my friend's truck and cleaning trash from the inside. He wants her to do the same for his car. She will not keep in touch to make money.  I imagine she has gone back to drugs. But, it is apparently easier to rent pillows and other bedding than to take help and time to get it free.

At the free clinic, she can obtain the free extraction of her teeth. I read about $299 dentures. No, she will not do that, just say how ashamed she is of her teeth and lack of some teeth rotted and broken to the gum line.

When she was working, she was eligible for food stamps. No, too tired, it's my day off, bf is home today, bf will be home for lunch soon, I am about to start, I just started, host wants me to sweep house today, host is talking to me, cannot find cat....ad nauseum. Now, she is not eligible because she is an adult with no children in her care and is not working!

It is cold in here, 46 degrees outside, and rainy. I need to hang clothes on hangers to dry and cook something warm.

I  am thrilled beyond belief that I have not been ill or needed antibiotic most of September, all of October, and so far in November! Sometimes, I get an earache, but it is because I forgot to take one of the meds I need. Now, the goal is to be well for Thanksgiving. Last year, I had a plan to go to friend's house but just felt to ill.

Looking over the food, I only need a turkey or turkey breast. Are you set?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.