Contact Me

Friday, November 10, 2017

Recipe Found, Free Cone etc

Okay, I found the recipe. A blogger I read stepped forward for me. Cheapchick had posted the recipe and a picture. Thank you. I cannot wait to try this.

If you fill a Christmas Child shoebox, the DQ in my town will give you a free ice cream cone. I have no idea if this is available in all their locations. Their cones are expensive--$2. Of course, I prefer the free sandwich that Chic-fil-A gives for a filled box.

Frost is expected in some areas tonight. It has been pitch dark for an hour, but I need to go take care of the potato plant and cover it. The plant is about four inches tall but still has tiny leaves. The leaves are growing larger, but they still are not full size like the should be and will be.

Today, I got my hair back. My hair had not left, but it was surely a mess. The last thing J did was to trim my hair, just the bottom. I cut my bangs and finally put color on it. I had messed up the last two colorings, so this time I did it right. Once, I washed the color off after only ten minutes. The time before, I missed places. now, I feel decent for the holidays. Of course, the color and bang trimming will have to be done twice before the end of the year. My bangs grow faster than the rest of my hair. My stylist said so. I feel ready now.

Since I cannot bend too much and not for very long, today, I did some more cleaning of the refrigerator shelves. Well, I dragged out things to toss or to put where I can see it. The wiping of the shelves will be another occasion. I cannot do it all at once anymore. I spent two minutes today.

I did one more thing in the yard today. It is so minor but is shaping things up. I had two of the little nursery three packs that had dirt in them sitting on a table. They were dumped into another larger pot of dirt. All this will go into the trench from the water line installation that still is a dip in the yard. I only have one more large pot to empty and repair. Then, all my pots are ready for next year.

If I had the energy. I would wash the little three cells to use for starting seeds in the spring. But, they will have to go in the trash.

My neighbor dragged the hose back from the trash. I think I can salvage it for another year. I had him drag one of the trash cans back into the chicken yard so I can get the paper plates and such picked up. I need to get ready for chicks.

Things happen slowly around here. And, this is my Friday night. How about yours?

Your turn
Are you going to fill Christmas Child boxes this year? If you color your hair, do you ever miss places, leave color on for the wrong length of time, or wait too long to apply color. Have you gotten your pots and garden stuff ready for the winter? Have you ever been ready to toss something but snatched it back at the last moment to rescue it and give it one more year, one more chance? Have you found that with injury and/or age you move more slowly and accomplish less?

12 comments:

  1. My church had a party to pack shoeboxes last Sunday. We have 359 packed. More will get dropped off on Sunday.
    I dont color my hair but my daughter cuts it for me. Too expensive to pay for it to be cut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      That's a lot of shoeboxes. Churches around here pack them, but I am not sure it they have a party. Getting hair cut is expensive. But, I had her do it so she would do as I said. Beauticians seem to want to cut it their way, except for my last beautician who is recovering from surgery. The layering grew out, so I suppose I will wear it long and one length from now on.

      Delete
  2. Our church does the shoebox thing but our were due over a month ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      That seems like a good idea since these are running through Halloween, and up to Thanksgiving. I have all my things, but must find them, make the boxes, and fill.

      Delete
  3. I am totally chicken to colour my own hair so I just leave it but I don't have too many grey hairs yet, I do spray in lightener in the summer and the sunshine assists as I am blonde so do have some natural lightening that always happens as long as I am getting outside enough. I do need to get a haircut soon, trying to time that for early December

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick,
      Being a blonde helps immensely. My mother was as blonde as I am dark, so she grayed nicely.

      Delete
  4. I color my own hair and have great results with the Loreal Excellence dye. It seems to come out very well. I have found that doing the roots every 6 or 8 weeks, and the whole head every third coloring helps it look consistent. A beautician once told me that the ends absorb more dye, so you don't need to do them each time you color your hair. :) I hope this works out for you.
    A few days after dying my hair, I apply a deep conditioner (like suave in the jar) and leave on for half an hour. This helps with the dryness from the coloring process.
    Like you, I find coloring at the beauty parlor WAY too expensive. I get a haircut every 3 months only have the girl cut my hair; no styling costs $20. It is at a place so unappealing that I call it the "hair hovel" in my mind, but the girl does a terrific haircut. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie,
      I use Garnier and it does not seem to dry my hair at all. I have no luck just coloring the roots, so my hair looks too dark. I use a color with red and then a color with only brown the next time. I have not had my hair styled in years because I hate what they do, my head itches afterward, and I wash the style out that day or the next. I just wash and dry it that day and go in for the cut and leave unstyled. Hair hovel is so funny. I go anywhere to get a good haircut. I have followed my hairdresser for about 30 years from shop to shop.

      Delete
  5. Linda I don't color my hair anymore. It is totally grey but at least I don't have dark roots. I hated the mess and the smell. But I have cut my own hair for years. I think I did a pretty good job. But I was thrilled to find a Flow Bee at a yard sale for five dollars. I have always wanted one but not enough to pay eBay prices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. carol,
      The Flow Bee looks scary. My hair is much longer than six inches. I would be so afraid I could cut chunks or cut it too short. You did pay a good price.

      Delete
  6. Have you found that with injury and/or age you move more slowly and accomplish less? - heck yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,I see women and men who are their 80s who appear to be as spry as I was at 30. It boggles my mind how they do it. Of course, they may collapse once inside, hurting as much as I do.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.