Contact Me

Monday, November 27, 2017

Monday Doings

One sentence about her. Since I did not expect J to show up like she said she would, I was not all surprised or upset. Okay, enough of that.

This was all in one trip today. So, I am exhausted. Everything is close together, so I probably drove 7 miles.

At the bank I went inside to straighten out my checking account. I had not written down 3 checks, so I got that taken care of, and, yes, I did have enough to pay J and to get the prescription. Better to be cautious than just hope I had money.

Thankfully, there was money because I needed gas for the car. Plus, I needed that one Cella chocolate covered cherry. I did not eat it, so it is in the freezer firming up.

I looked at TV at Walmart. I have a teeny bit of the $135. + tax to get a 32" TCL brand TV with built in ROKU. At the WM  pharmacy I got the prescription I thought I could not afford yesterday. While at the pharmacy, I had to call the doctor for a refill he did not give me and had another prescription refilled. Rather than waiting, I will go back another day.

The Chick-fil-coupon was calling for me to use it, so I did, and drank a Coke from home. Yum.

A letter came yesterday from my car insurance company that said something about a refund check. Yes, I want it. But, it was not in the envelope and there was no indication if it had been mailed or would be mailed. However, it was definitely not in the envelope. After a call--I should get it soon as the letter was mailed out the day before the check.

I stopped by to place to ads for things I am selling. Tomorrow, exbf will put in two ads under his name. I plan to place ads at a call-in program on the radio tomorrow.

My boombox will not pick up the station that plays Christmas music non-stop from Thanksgiving thru Christmas. So, I went to Lowe's and got 12 feet of copper wire to stick out the window. I thought up high near the window would work, but, no, the guy said stick it outside the window. Lovely!

Finally, I went to Publix to buy the milk I must drink. When I am in Publix, I always look at the sale racks and the freezer section that holds frozen items reduced. I found tomorrow's dinner when exbf comes. We are going to a church lunch. What we are having for dinner tomorrow evening:

Tabatchnick brand
Barley and Mushroom Soup
2 servings in two separate pouches
2 for $2.50, so $1.25 for the one box with two servings
no sugar or salt
barley, carrots, mushrooms, corn, celery, onions and various seasoning

It sounds delicious. I might add some brown rice if I cook rice. I will add chicken for him. I might split one of the pouches with him, depending on what else I have to go with this and what he says. He may want all of it. If this is good, I may go back and get the other boxes of this left on the freezer shelf.

For $1.25 I think this is a good price for dinner for two and maybe for four servings. I love it when I don't have to cook when he comes, especially when I have not cooked or planned.

Now, I am home and exhausted! I have to wash dishes and wash my hair...ugh. and hang up clothes and do more laundry. Well, that is the plan.

I offered to take J to the lunch, to two food banks, and take her home. We will see.

The chocolate covered cherry should have firmed up by now.

WAR EAGLE

Your turn
Do you ever seem to just go from place to place all day long and become exhausted in the end? Has anyone ever heard of TCL brand TV? Do you know anything of it's reputation? Does the soup seem good? Have you ever heard of this brand or eaten it? Does the wire have to be outside the house?


6 comments:

  1. I have bought that soup before and it is really good.
    I see the comment in the big letters. They played well. We watched the game in sweats, drinking multi cups of hot tea with a box of tissues each and a paper bag to put our trash in. Neither of us really cared at the time who won or lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I just had to say it!

      Thanks. That's good to know. Now, I wish I had bought more. Did you know Publix had a frozen food reduced section? Here, it is right across from the wine and beer at the front of the aisle. I bought raspberry tarts. I have looked for two months and only found two things that I like and looked like a deal.

      The only thing I care about football is who wins the Iron Bowl. Even Saban said they played well. Since my tv is not working, I cannot even see a replay of anything. I need to find it on the internet.

      I am sorry to hear you are both ill. I have not been ill, but my one nostril is a faucet! Well, my finger has been ill.

      Delete
  2. The soup sounds excellent! I love chocolate cherries, I hope you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      t is my favorite kind because it does not have the white goop, just the liquid around the cherry. Cella is the only brand without the white stuff. It was quite firm from the refrigerator.

      Delete
  3. As for the first question: lol many days in a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      It tested my stamina, and it is lacking.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.