Contact Me

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Butterball Cost and Mavis' Granola Bar Recipe

Thursday, I will tell you why today did not happen as planned yesterday.

The only thing I did Tuesday was run to WM to see if sugar and other things were as cheap at my Walmart as they are at Kim's WM. They aren't. But, I got cornmeal to make cornbread for dressing. I also purchased Devil's Food instant Jello Pudding. I may have Chocolate Pie for Thanksgiving.

Today, I found more of the cookies from the UK. One is a very crumbly cookie that could sub for a pie crust. I have it; it was free. I like chocolate pie. The crust won't need much sugar or butter.  I will put in much less than that crust calls for.

I saw turkey breasts and checked the price. All the Butterball boneless turkey breasts are 3 lbs. and cost $10.98. Hopefully, a different brand will be cheaper.

This granola bar recipe sounds great, so I got miniature chocolate chips. I will let you know how it tastes. Mavis vouches for it, so I am sold.

There were no coupons for any of this, sadly.

4 comments:

  1. I've made granola several times and bars two or three and they never turned out the same way LOL. I might try her recipe- thanks. Looks like I am hosting thanksgiving this year. My daughter and family are going to NC to some cabin with the inlaws. I was invited but why? Heehee. My sis, neohew, brother and I usually go to little sis's house in Myrtle Beach but her FIL died recently and her inlaws are also visiting Thanksgiving so we're staying here. It will just be the 4 of us so easy peasy. I'm looking for new recipes though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NAN,
    It was nice you were invited, anyway. You still will have company but not to many to feed. This is one of the few that actually look like I have all the ingredients AND will taste good. I dislike the recipes where I have nothing but the oats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if if you live in a Kroger/Fred's/Dillon supermarket area, but they have kroger brand whole turkey's for 79 cents a pound this week. I bought a 13 1b one. You could get many meals out of one and freeze them. If you have room in the freezer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ellie,
      Thanks. I live 50 miles from a Kroger. Dillons is a dept store here. Fred's is only about 7 miles away. Unfortunately, my big freezer broke and I lost a turkey or tow in there. So, the only thing I have is the freezer compartment in a smallish freezer. I could bake one now and be able to store the cut pieces in freezer bags. However, I cannot get a turkey that large out of the oven. I might be able to sort of drop it in! lol. I might figure something out to get it cheap before Thanksgiving. I like to buy three to have other times of the year. Sometimes, they are cheaper other times, like after Thanksgiving and Christmas.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.