Contact Me

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Love Those Fries

On Tuesday there was one little thing I had to do involving Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Since I cannot/should not/allergic to eat beef, I just gaze wistfully at this business as I drive by. I resist the siren call.

Yesterday, I needed to know something and the person who knew worked there. I waited and finally could not resist. Yep, I went to the car with a small fry and two catsup cups.

We sat in the car and ate fries after we dipped them in catsup. I had the catsup cups in a small metal tray, and we put fries in the tray to make it easier to eat. It was like heaven. We just ate and did not talk. Lunch was sparse. So, this was fine. Neither of us were famished at dinner.

By the way, small fries order from this place was almost too much for two French fry lovers. I may need an intervention to keep me away from the place and the fries. However, since the fries were almost $3, I will be able to resist just fine.

I like the fact he is spontaneous and willing to be happy sharing a small fry. It was like sitting in the car eating an ice cream cone in the summer.

Have you had these fries? Do you ever find that things you should not eat are the things that draw you? Do you give in?

8 comments:

  1. I love Five Guys fries but I am not that keen on their burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,
    I love the burgers, but they run through my fingers with the tomato and cooked onions. I rarely ever ate there except for when I did a secret shopper job. I have not had one in a year, I suppose.

    I think I am going to switch to peanut oil, what they use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had them as we don't have that franchise in our area. I do, however, love Jets gluten-free pizza. Very pricey, so I rarely ever buy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dime,
      These are pricey, too. Another good reason not to buy them.

      Delete
  4. My husband loves Five Guys! We each get a small burger and share a small fries. And you are right about the fries being more than enough for two. The burgers are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      That is what we do. The small burger is plenty. The first time I went there, I was buying. He seemed sort of hurt when I told him not to order fries as he was ordering. He realized how true it was that the small fries in more than enough for two. Now, I want one. However, that will not be happening.

      Delete
  5. I have never had these fries.
    I confess there is nothing as satisfactory as good fries dipped on ketchup. Oh delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. urspo,
      These fries have a large girth. They are brown and soft and greasy with peanut oil. We were both speechless except for moans. They are real potatoes, not formed ones. This place has no storage room because the potatoes and gallons of peanut oil are stored along one wall of the dining room. And, you can watch every second of your hamburger's birth. The kitchen is glassed in and along one wall.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.