Contact Me

Friday, November 10, 2017

Help me find this recipe post on someone's blog!

I saw a recipe on a blog I read. The person had made pizza crust without yeast. I always think I can remember where I saw things, on which blog. Obviously, I cannot. Did you see this yesterday or the day before? Or, I could have been just reading through the blog to a week ago or more.

Thursday morning, I awoke at 3:45 very hungry. My stomach actually hurt. So, I had about a half cup of milk. That did not help. I ate a whole Red Delicious Apple. That caused the pain to stop. But, now I was feeling overfull and I ate cold stuff and was not at all sleepy. So, I was awake for about another four or five hours until I became tired, not sleepy, just tired. So, I took a nap.

I just never awake in the middle of the night hungry. Maybe it is because I had a very strange Thursday evening as far as food goes. I ate about 3/4 cup of leftover spaghetti sauce with only Parmesan cheese on it, sort of like soup. Then, I split a bun and had cheese on it under the grill. Then, for some strange reason I wanted tomato soup about an hour later. I usually eat about one can of tomato soup each year.

Friday afternoon, I saw this huge cup of leftover soup and thought it was spaghetti sauce, so I decided to butter and grill the other bun by slicing it like a loaf of bread, butter it, put it under the broiler and having it with spaghetti. I put it in the oven and discovered I did not have spaghetti sauce, just more tomato soup. Bummer!

I had blueberry jam on the toasted bun with a glass of milk. As much as I had wanted the tomato soup on Thursday, I did not want it on Friday. I ate it anyway. I was not a happy camper at lunch. Tonight, I had ham, lettuce, tomato and cheese on a bun. Then, I stuffed myself on a banana and an apple, chopped up together with a bit of Miracle Whip.

Exbf will not come tomorrow as we planned. Since his next day off is Tuesday and there is a lunch, I just told him not to come. Plus, I had not cooked for tomorrow. I was only going to put carrots and potatoes in the crock pot and later add cabbage.

I could still do that and we could have some of this center cut of ham. But, I wanted to bake lots of sweet potatoes and give him a half dozen or more to take home. It was a certainty I was not going to get it all done. So, he can stay home. I will sleep late and then bake sweet potatoes. He can rest, too. He probably needs it.

So, this was not at all interesting, but it happened.

Your turn
Do you ever awake in the middle of the night famished? With severe hunger pains? Have you happily looked forward to a leftover you saw in the refrigerator and discovered it is something else? I knew someone who thought he was getting pudding from the refrigerator and discovered upon a big spoonful it was congealed fat!

7 comments:

  1. Linda, I was intrigued by your request, found this recipe which was rated high: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/244638/no-yeast-pizza-crust/
    Don't know if it's what you want.

    Congealed fat? Made me laugh out loud. A very long time ago my Grandpa wanted a snack, took a container out of the fridge, ate it. Told Grandma 'that meatloaf' was really good. After she stopped laughing she told him it was a new brand of dog food the dog didn't like! That story was told for years, even at his funeral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      Thanks for the recipe. Yeah, it was a piggy person, not size but attitude. Oh no, dog food, yuck. Thanks for the story.

      Delete
  2. I just found out that bananas cause inflammation. I did not know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Well, that's a bummer! Thanks for the info.

      Delete
  3. That was my blog! Here is the post, I posted the picture last week but the pizza crust recipe this week :) https://livingrichonthecheap.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheapchick!
      That's it. Thank you. I am going to make this before the weekend is over. I will post on here how it went. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.