Contact Me

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Too cold then too hot

I like the fact that it is getting a bit cooler outside and inside. However, if I turn off the ac, I immediately get too warm. The worst part is I cannot breathe as the air is stifling. With the ac on at night, I am a bit chilly, even if I can breathe well. So, I put cover on me. With that move, I am too warm. So, I just cover my feet and have the sheet over the rest of me.

When, I get too warm, I sometimes sweat around my neck and head, just from the sheet, and that makes my throat hurt. Then, my chest feels tight. My ears pop and I have too much earwax. What's that all about?

I have been sneezing all day, usually grabbing my blouse and sneezing down inside it when I could not grab a Kleenex. My nose has been running and my eyes are blurry from being too dry and then my eyes water.

Remember, October is the month I am most likely to be very ill. My allergies run rampant. I am very tired all the time. I suspect this is the allergies. It could be all the allergy meds I must take. Who knows? (rhetorical)

At any rate, I did nothing today and seemed to be resting up from drama with J all week. I awoke at 6:30 am and took three naps before 9 pm tonight. I feel like I am recovering from something. Maybe I am.  However, the day is soooo dreary with not one bit of sunshine. Maybe that is it. Lack of sunshine really does a number on me.

I went to WM late afternoon/early evening and worked on Shopkick. I thought it was me because I had so much trouble working with it. No, something on my phone had been turned off or on, not sure. Once I got that fixed by employee in electronics, all was better, almost. the site then had problems. ugh

While there, I bought a $2.98 salad in a bowl and bananas. I really needed to buy nothing, and the salad was quick, cheap meal, and good for me. Well, it was cheap for eating out. That was my splurge for the week...lol. I ate it at home with a glass of water. It was delicious and healthy.

And, there was/is nothing I want to watch on TV!

Hopefully, the sun will be out tomorrow. Hopefully, the allergy symptoms will leave. Yes, I am taking allergy meds, all of them. Today, I have been discombobulated!

Your turn
Do you ever have a day where you are discombobulated? Almost ill? Too cold and then too hot?


6 comments:

  1. Im in Vermont . It has been a really bad yer for allergies. I have been sick for three weeks. Normally by now, we would have a heavy frost and allergies would be better. NO we have still had hot weather. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara.
      I don't feel better, just fully rested...lol. Actually, I feel like a chest problem coming on. I am fighting that with meds. This is half a month gone with no problem. Hopefully, I don't have problems going into November. Three weeks is a long time to be sick, but I have been there and have great sympathy for you. No one without bad allergies realizes how sick a person can become. We are going to have a few days in 70s. But, hotter weather will return according to weather reports. I am not looking forward to cold weather, just want allergy season to stop. Hopefully, your condition will improve soon.

      Delete
  2. Your being hot and cold sounds like a fever spiking. Did you take your temperature? Hope the healing continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      Maybe I should have. It was more like the room is cold, my feet are cold, so put on a blanket. Then, I would push it off down to my waist and pull the sheet up tight to my neck and the sheet would make my neck all sweaty. That is what I perceived. Maybe it was a bit of a fever. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I can't get cold enough..it can be 40 fecking degrees out and I'll be sweating..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jackiesue,
      I usually cannot get cold enough, either. But, I cannot sleep if my feet are cold or even cool. At 40 degrees, I walk a fine line between getting too hot and getting cold. Hence, I rarely wear socks and hate shoes, preferring sandals. I wear short sleeves or sleeveless in the winter so I can remove clothing. However, in this cold house, a sweatshirt works for me.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.