Contact Me

Saturday, October 28, 2017

Big Mistake

I talk to exbf about twice a day. He was here last Tuesday for the Halloween lunch. We opened our candy and traded what we didn't want for what we would rather have. At the end of the meal, I put my purple bag in my purse. NOW, I remember he asked me to put his in my purse, too.

Well, I found candy in mu purse several days after and wondered how I had two bags. Friday night, he warned me not to eat his candy. "Huh, what candy?" I could hear a barely audible moan. "The orange bag is mine." He explained and then I knew--I ate his candy! I told him so and then there was a grunting groan. Even though I apologized profusely, I could tell he was not happy with me. So, I promised I would get him some candy before he comes this week. I am thinking maybe I could dress up in costume and go out alone or get a kid to take out to Trick or Treat.

Sure, I could just buy candy for him, but I would prefer not to spend the money. Plus, there would be enough for me to eat, and I just don't need it. And, there would not be the variety he had.

Maybe I could just offer to buy some from a kid? I only need six pieces.

The reason I think this is a big mistake is that I don't take it lightly when anyone eats my chocolate candy or any candy of mine.  My children had to watch me like a hawk when they had Halloween, Christmas, or Easter candy.

I really hate I ate his candy, all six pieces of bite size or fun sizes.

Have you ever accidentally eaten someone's candy? Or did you eat it on purpose and regretted it? How should I get candy? Dress up and go out Trick or Treating myself? Find a kid to take out? Pay a kid for six pieces?

16 comments:

  1. LOL... big oops! I reassured him tonight that I would get more candy for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I would find some place and buy the candy. I wouldn't approach a child to buy it from them and I certainly not go trick or treating for candy. That is weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I would never go t ot t. It would be impossible for me to not trip on something and fall down, even if I were serious. And, buying from a child might get me beat up or having to explain it to the police or irate parent.

      Delete
  3. I think adult trick or treating is really inappropriate. I think you might be joking? I’d just spend a dollar at the dollar store even if it means you get all the same candy. Maybe pick his favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. reader,
      Nope, not doing anything I suggested. I was just kidding.

      Delete
  4. While I think T or T would be hilarious, if you can wait till after Halloween the candy is usually on sale...enough for him and you?

    My kids would take their candy into their rooms and hide it from me - I really don't think I'm a chocoholic but they did & still do. And NOBODY should ever dare eat my candy - consequences would be quite horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bellen,
      He won't be here until after Halloween, so I am in luck.

      Where did our kids get these ideas? No, they did not dare eat mine, either. Actually, they did not know about my stash.

      Delete
  5. I got your joke! How about just his favorite full size bar?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooops! I think I would just buy a couple of his favorite candy bars as a peace offering :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never had this problem. Can't he just forgive you and you skip buying more candy? Or can't he eat yours (the ones you didn't already eat)? Ha, ha. If it were me, I'd probably pay a kid and tell him to put his earnings in the piggybank ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      He will forgive me. I am the one who is adamant about getting candy for him. He did not discourage me when I said I would get more from him. I cannot think of a little kid I know that well or anyone with a little kid. All my friends I can think of do not have little children. I cannot just ask any little kid. I ate all of his candy and mine before he reminded me not to eat his. We each had only five or six tiny pieces.

      Delete
  8. My brothers and I were constantly pinching each other's halloween candy. But I think we were OKwith the concept .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      We did not do that. However, I might have gotten some from the two youngest when they were too little to know better.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.