Contact Me

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Recipe: Cowboy Casserole

I found this recipe on Cheryl's Frugal Corner. This looks so delicious. I will use ground pork instead of beef.


COWBOY CASSEROLE
1 lb. of ground meat - browned
1 chopped onion
4 - 5 potatoes - cut into chunks
1 can red or black beans (drained)
1 can chopped tomatoes (I used Rotel like tomatoes)
Garlic  (to taste)
salt and pepper
1/4 C shredded cheese
Throw it all in crockpot and cook on low for 6-7 hours. Toss in cheese at the very end and let it melt - then it's done!  VERY GOOD & easy and cheap.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I very seldom have potatoes on hand, but today, I do. I won't be using Rotel, just a can of chopped or diced tomatoes.  I may eat this for several days this week. Maybe I will freeze some for future meals.

Right now, I am still washing dishes from the dishwasher. It's a real chore. I have to heat water for the dishpan in the sink.

I an still having sneezing spells followed by runny nose spells. I feel a bit better and not so prone to drop off to sleep. I won't cook during either of these spells...lol.

9 comments:

  1. My allergies are killing me too. Sneezing spells, coughing spells, runny nose, clogged nose and lots of wheezing, runny and itchy eyes... I feel terrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People who do not have allergies often do not realize the misery. I have six things I take each day to try to stay well. I feel terrible, too. I just hope things don't get so bad I need an antibiotic. It is 49F right now. Fall finally arrived.

      Delete
  2. This sounds delicious! I might even make it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like everything in it. What is not to like about meat, potatoes, onions and cheese? Talking about it is making me hungry before breakfast.

      Delete
  3. That does sound good - and easy! I'll have to try it sometime soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so easy if the meat was cooked and frozen in packets to use in the crockpot. Casseroles often end up like soup in my crockpot. But, that's okay.

      Delete
  4. when I was married to asshole #1 and we were in Service..the end of the month I would fix a pot of beans toss in the last of the potatoes and a pound of hamburger and that would stretch it thru.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jackiesue,
      So, your cowboy casserole was a lifesaver and stretched food. I have never had beans and potatoes in the same dish, but soon I will. Thanks for that.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.