Contact Me

Friday, October 6, 2017

I Won!

Friday was Customer Appreciation Day at our Power Board. It started at 10 am. I had somewhere to be at 8 am, but came home, put on makeup, and arrived by 10:10.

One of my son's friends helped me park. He let me inside the area with a parking spot that I had just passed by. So, I did not have to walk too far. Hamburgers in a sack lunch were supposed to be ready at 11:30, but the guy who helped me went and brought me a lunch and water right away. He was a very nice little kid and very cute. He is a nice adult and still cute, same age as my son.

The sky was beautiful, clear blue when I arrived. Only little fluffs of clouds arrived around noon. The wind was a little more than gentle. Friday was the perfect summer day right here in Fall. There was not one hint of Fall in the air. While there was no chill in the air, no one was warm until about 1 pm. Last year, the same Appreciation Day had perfect weather, too.

A trio was playing when I arrived. The music was a nice mixture of old country, Elvis, one number from "O Brother, Where Art Thou."

Thursday, I put my entry in a box for the Yeti cooler, one big enough to hold a body. However, there were about a dozen other prizes with entries put into a different box. The first two prizes were smallish--a weather radio and a handy, dandy flashlight. The next prize was a Black and Decker weed eater, corded and 7.5 amps.

The manager of the Power Board remarked that some woman could win this and get her husband to use it. I thought--right, and I need a husband first. Then, as he was handed the name and he read it, he said, "I have seen her here today." THEN, he called my name! So, I went up and someone carried the weedeater to my car.

Later, I remarked to the manager that if anyone wanted to trade the CrockPot still amongst the prizes for the Black and Decker weedeater, I was willing to trade.

Soon, the 6 qt. CrockPot was carried to my car and the Black and Decker weedeater went to someone else! Yay me! It has a latch to keep it shut so it can travel without spilling.

My big 7 qt. CrockPot mailed to me as a surprise has no crock since it was broken outdoors by a raccoon. The 3.5 qt. CrockPot I bought for $3 at a yardsale is not quite large enough some days. So, this is a great win for me.

The Black and Decker is worth $70 before tax. The CrockPot is the same price. I won twice on Friday.

While we were eating and listening to music, a bank was robbed just three blocks away.

And there was a woman who sat across from me and inserted her finger up her nose to the second knuckle. Then, she wiped her finger on the tablecloth. Surely, she has dementia. GAH!


7 comments:

  1. What a great score. I am glad you were nowhere near the robbery. The nosepicker? Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EC,
      Thanks. I am still beside myself with happiness. Thankfully, there was a train track with no road from us to the bank. Shudder and avoid her if I ever see her again.

      Delete
  2. Good idea to trade! I'm sure the other person is very happy, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.