Contact Me

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I Am Cold! October Goal Met?

Written Sunday, but it is still cold!

My will is sinking. It was almost freezing here last night, I think. However, the heater is not in place yet, nor are the combustible moved. J has been going to help me "next time" she comes over. However, today it was a bit warmer and the temperatures will rise to 78 by Saturday.

Her host has offered to help me, so I may take him up on that. He is trying not to turn on his heat, either. I wonder how that works for the homeless people he has helped and housed. ???

I should have opened a window today to let in a little warm air. It is 4:30 pm and almost too late. I actually got lots done late, late last night, so I did not feel bad about sleeping late today. I am throwing things away slowly as I can often only get one or two small things from the cluttered porch into the trash.

A person gave me the whole Sunday newspaper, so I got the ads and coupons out. And, I have thrown away the excess. It is not a local paper, so most of it is of no interest. So, $2 saved again...yay me! Plus, I will not have to go to WM or newspaper office to get a paper this week. The newspaper is just about three blocks from me and not out of the way at all.

If I can last one more day, this will be the first October in almost 30 years that I have not been very ill and needed multiple antibiotics. Is it possible I have beaten this curse with the correct mix of allergy meds? And, a little luck? And, keeping my fingers crossed?

More trouble:

After her episode last week, I talked to her host. She could not even help him at his business on Saturday, so someone had to take her home. I went by there, and no, she could not help me either. So, it is cold in the house. Saturday afternoon, she be bopped here and smilingly gave me "$10 she owed me." I immediately told her it was $15. She ignored me as she ran to car, saying she and bf were going out to eat. You have no where to go on Tuesday and you can afford to go out to eat? You owe me money and you can go out to eat? grrrr

I noticed all the little things she did not do and decided giving her a list and WATCHING HER is my only recourse to getting things done. I gave her hot chocolate and she took it outside to smoke. I rinsed my cup and easily washed it the next day. I had to retrieve her cup off the porch and soak and scrub it to get it clean. !!!!

A friend came by. He has had a knee replacement. He said he would pay her to help him. When he came in, he thought I had bought a new car. He wants her to wash his, also white, as it sits under a tree like mine. He said she could stay with him. I have no idea what he has in mind, but she is better off with him than her bf.

This friend and his bil will come by to help me. Hopefully, they will and will behave.

It is 5:15, so the goblins will be out soon. Tomorrow, candy will be on sale!

Oh, J and bf rented a room by the week down near the junior college. He will drive 15 miles to work each day, and then have to drive back. They cannot make it. They rented it last night and stayed there....ewww...without sheets? This evening, they move.

Your turn
Are you trying to avoid turning on the heat? What day is your goal to use heat?


9 comments:

  1. We tried not to turn it on, but it was 19 degrees outside when I got up this morning. Heat it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One,
    Okay, 19 degrees calls for heat. I will have mine on long before that. However, it rarely gets that cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely use the heat- right now at almost 5 AM my thermostat registers 69.Yesterday was gorgeous and I had 22 trick or treaters- leftover candy goes to the grandsons and clients.I wish I could do a little yard work but I have appointments 50 miles away so I'm off at 8 AM. When I lived up North, I tried to not turn the heat on until Thanksgiving but if it got cold in the house, I had to turn it on. I love sleeping in a chilly bedroom though- with blankets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan,
      That is really warm. It was nice for trick or treaters here, too. chilly bedroom with blankets works for me. Thanksgiving is now my goal.

      Delete
  4. how wonderful to be so much healthier this October! I am so pleased for you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesterday was cold at the studio apartment I stay during the week too but, I do not know how to turn the heat on. Tonight, I need to find someone to tell me how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TPol,
      Gracious. That must have been frustrating.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.