Contact Me

Sunday, October 8, 2017

Bingo or Not

As part of the Octoberfest Celebration in session, the Catholic Church had bingo in their school cafeteria. I discussed this with the two women I sat near at the Power Board Customer Appreciation Day on Friday.

The Bingo cards were a quarter apiece. I can handle that. So, I thought about it and budgeted $2, eight quarters to play. There must have been at least 200 people there, so the games went really quickly.

There were two doors to the cafeteria, so naturally I picked the furthest away, making my life difficult. It was the only door being used, so I assumed it was the correct door. NO! I was at a table selling raffle tickets instead of Bingo cards. I was told to go to the front of the room for Bingo. sigh... 

I hobbled there and there was no one. ugh  I asked the nearest person, an old guy. He said the guy would be right back and he would pay a quarter for my card. He assured me I could sit next to him. He was at the end of a table in a wheel chair and I sat at the side near him.

As I was sitting down, he told me there was a basket with dog items. It was a huge basket with lots of items. I would estimate it was about $100 worth of dog items. I laughed and said I did not have a dog, so that would not do me any good. He said I could just keep the basket and give the contents to him. He told me he would buy a card for me.

A younger guy came by and the old guy said I was playing bingo. He said he was going to help me so I could learn to play. ??? I was still settling myself, trying to pull the chair straight. I thought the old guy paid a quarter for me. When the young guy asked me for the third time, I said he is going to pay for me. The young guy laughed and said that was his father and he was not going to pay for me. I promptly told him the old guy offered, that I had quarters! I paid him and the old guy reminded me to win the dog basket and give him the contents and I could keep the basket. Right! Not!

As all this happened, the game was over. I told the young guy that they talked to me so much I could not pay attention and I was playing again and NOT paying. The young guy said that was fine.

In the middle of the second game, J called like I told her to do. So, I finished the last 30 seconds of the game and left.

So much for Bingo!

J was fired this last week from her fast food job. She was going to mow my yard for some money. However, she wants to pick up sticks one day and mow four days later. The wind will just knock down more limbs, so she will have to pick them up on Tuesday, too.

Plus, my very nice neighbor who allows bf and her to live there, told them to be out by the end of the month. She is very depressed. Her abusive bf is yelling at her for getting fired. She was very depressed today. They have been there for a year, and this will make 13 months when they finally move. The bf asked for a just a chance to get on his feet...I suppose I need not say more.

Bingo lasted until 8 pm, and I could have gone back since it was about 3pm. I had lost the urge.

J brought my new crockpot in the house since I cannot pick it up or carry it. I still have not unpacked it yet. I can see it--beautiful stainless steel.  I gave her some food. We took a box of food to the Little Free Pantry, the small place for people to help themselves.

We went to the Shaved Ice shack and got strawberry flavor with cream on it. I wish I could eat one of those every day. I supposed I could if I had $100 spare money, did not mind gaining weight, and dying from complications of diabetes.

That was my exciting Saturday. This morning, I was still hurting and exhausted from yesterday. Rest and a lack of excitement was all I wanted on Saturday. But, I still wanted to go play bingo.

Overall, it was a good day. I don't have one complaint!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry for J. I guess she needs to ditch that bf. It is a terrible time to lose the place. What is she gonna do in winter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T'Pol,
      Unfortunately, she will probably follow no good bf. I am trying to get her to go to Victim's Services where they will house, feed, and take care of her while helping her get back on her feet. But, she will never go there! She kiddingly said, Can I live with you? I had asked her what I could do just to see where her thoughts were. NO

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Nice weather helped. Even though a hurricane was coming through, the weather was beautiful all day.

      Delete
  3. You always meet the most interesting people! The old man was worth a smile. Sorry J. is going to have a hard month. I hope she thinks about what is best for her, and then does it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tana50,
      The old man was missing a leg. I sort of think he suffered from diabetes and had a bit of dementia. I really wanted to win that basket of dog supplies and not give to him...lol. Am I mean?

      She wants her own place and her own car. THAT is what she wants. She wants what she wants on her terms. I am trying to help her see what is best for her. She needs a phone because bf takes hers away from her to punish her and make her comply with what he desires. She will not settle for a flip phone!

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.