Contact Me

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Busy Tuesday

It started Monday night when I flew down to WM and purchased a pkg. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, came home, washed out the crock pot, and put on the chicken with seasoning, onion, celery, and bell pepper. I thought he was coming Friday, so I was behind now that he was coming on Tuesday.

Around midnight, I took the breasts out of the refrigerator and turned crockpot on low. It simmered all night. Tuesday morning at 8 am, I scraped and cut 2 lbs. of carrots in the crockpot and ate the onion I had put in with the chicken. An onion was breakfast!

Two red potatoes were eyed and put in with the carrots. I didn't feel like putting in more carrots. About 3:30 I added more potatoes and the squash to the crockpot.

Exbf arrived about 9:30  and I got in his vehicle. He drove me to bank and to Publix to get a2milk. Back home, I put the milk in the refrigerator. Back in the car, I called the Tuesday church and asked if someone could meet us with a wheelchair.

At the church, exbf got into the wheelchair, and I got in driver's seat to park the car. Inside a Fall fair/carnival was set up as a program just for this lunch group. This was the program for the month, celebrating fairs. Several tables had exhibits with handiwork of the church members. Maybe I can remember the displays--wood turning with bowls, sewing with bags for Christmas Child boxes, crocheting, cross stitch, knitting, and other six-foot tables with skills/crafts I cannot remember.

In the middle of the atrium of this church is a round water feature, a pool. Today, it was filled with rubber duckies. Each person could take a turn with a net catching a duck. My duck won me a snack. I wanted socks! Exbf's turn, taken by me, won him a snack, so I got bugles for him. I chose a mini Moon Pie.

Then, there were various games. "How many grandchildren", etc. Exbf won for the person who got in car and drove the furthest distance to come to the lunch. Exbf won by a longshot--65 miles. The next nearest distance was 35 miles. He won a gift bag with goodies as did the other winners. It has a mini metal box with butter cookies and various other candies. He let me have the little bag of chocolate  truffles. Good deal.

While everyone visited the crafts and scooped up ducks, we all had freshly popped popcorn and snow cones...yummy! Delicious!

Lunch was two corn dogs, tater tots covered in cheese with bacon bits on top. Dessert was ice cream with what looked to be fried jelly sticks. He said it was apple something. I am not too sure. This was all fair food.

Someone wheeled him to the car as I drove it up to the curb.

From then on I drove as we went to market where I bought ripe tomatoes, green tomatoes, and yellow squash. I will cut tomatoes for dinner tonight. Written at 3 pm) Green tomatoes will be fried tomorrow and frozen for him next week. I had to cook the squash and more potatoes for tonight's dinner--chicken, potatoes, carrots, cabbage, squash, and sliced tomatoes.

After the market, I headed out to the country to buy honey. A 22 ounce glass jar of fresh honey cost $7. I know it is pure honey. I went ahead and bought two 22 ounce jars for $14. I think that is a good deal. What do you pay for a pint of honey?

Below was written after 6 pm.

We ate dinner in the den to watch the coverage on Las Vegas. I gave him his meal, realized I had forgotten the tomatoes, and brought back two thick slices and put them on his plate. As I walked away, he became apoplectic, spitting and sputtering and a bit of cursing. He was scraping and knocking the tomato around, saying how he did NOT want tomato touching his food. Now, I have known him for 11 years, and have never heard him say he did not want tomato touching his food! I told him just to leave it. NO, it's touching my food! Well, deal with it. He was beside himself. Finally, I hobbled over and did not find tomato on his plate. What did you do with it? I put it in my pocket!

Two slices of tomato in his pocket! How stupid. I demanded the tomato and threw it away. He said I should have known. Then, he said he thought we were having the stuff mixed together. ??? Stew? Yes, he said I told him we would have that. Since I thought we discussed it on Monday, I told him so, but he insisted we talked about it Friday night.  I pointed out that I did not know until Sunday night that he was coming on Tuesday, that  five pounds of ground round takes time to thaw and then cook.

Actually, I told him I was going to make two kinds of meatballs, one kind  in brown gravy and one kind in spaghetti sauce, plus taco casserole, meatloaf, and what else would he like. Then he said stew!

So, he wants to know when I am cooking stew...??? When I have time to thaw the meat and the energy and inclination to cook so many things, that's when.

Seriously, I had the urge to kill. The whole day was perfect until tomato slices touched his food! He  calmed down as fast as he became agitated. Weird. All of it! I will address this behavior later!

Ack! I forgot to cook/steam the cabbage. I was going to add it to the crockpot with the yellow squash. I will put it in the crockpot in a bit and cook it to eat myself.

Today was a beautiful day with the bluest sky and fluffy, snowy white clouds. While I was in Publix, he was cloud watching. He described a tiny cloud that floated along until in a poof it disappeared. I watched out the window and saw another tiny cloud do the same thing. Today was beautiful and peaceful except for the "tomato incident"! I will refer to it as such.

Remember the strawberry incident?

He left a few minutes ago. I put chicken, potatoes, carrots, and yellow squash in the car for him, all cooked. He only wanted a little bit of honey, so he has a large pimiento jar full of honey about 1/3 cup. .He got two chicken breasts and two tomatoes, whole and touching nothing.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good time at the fair themed lunch. Actually it sounds like a great day except for those nefarious tomatoes.
    Since I am from here you didn't even have to explain to me how much honey is in a large pimento jar.
    7 bucks for the honey is a steal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I was fun. I felt bad that exbf could not walk around once deposited at the table. However, once I delivered his popcorn and snow cone, I don't think he even cared. Yeah, blame it on the tomatoes breathing on his food! Yes, the small and large jars of pimiento are familiar with people of the South. This honey does not taste as flowery as the last did. Honey can taste different from the same hives. I certainly hope he still has bees and this is his honey. I expected to pay at least $10 for the pint jar. And, the line no longer is a working phone line. Eventually, I will see the wife in WM. I see everyone there eventually.

      Delete
  2. I am not sure of your level of involvement with exbf, but it seems he is a rude baffoon. You are going to great lengths to prepare food that he is not contributing to in the least and he acts like he is a prince, omg, my tomato is touching my food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita,
      Yes, he can become very rude, saying I did something to upset him. He does contribute to my well-being even if he does not pay for the food. Actually, sometimes he does pay for something. This is written a year after the post about tomatoes. I am looking for a new bf! Thanks for the comment. It is bizarre since I have never heard anything about one food touching another. AND, the put tomatoes in his pocket. ???

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.