Contact Me

Friday, September 29, 2017

Just Stuff

Last Friday, I think, I got a flu shot.  I have always suffered a tiny bit of pain at the injection site the next day, especially if it were touched. This last time, I had tremendous pain over most of my upper arm for three days. There seemed to be nothing I could do to stop the pain. I never take anything for pain, so I had nothing. Flopping around and moaning did not help one bit. Wonder why? I mentioned the pain today to the pharmacist today who said that was very unusual, that most people don't even know they got it. The second pneumonia vaccine is due, but I am loath to get it in case it brings on such horrid pain.

For several months I asked exbf if he had any of my Tupperware, especially the divided dishes for lunches. He replied every time that he had no Tupperware of mine. One day, after six months of questioning him and not believing, he brought me a bag of Tupperware! He just did not realize he had it. Now, how can a person not know he has a dozen containers and their lids? I am so happy to have them back.

I still don't trust this new dryer with a heavy king-size bedspread. So, today, J took it to the car, took it in the laundromat, shoved quarters in, and for $3 it is clean. Then, she put it in my dryer. I just drove and supplied quarters. I wish I had my old washer back. I don't believe it could not be repaired. I could have found another like it and cannibalized it to fix mine. I miss it every time I have to go out to wash.

When I get my pen and me ready, I am anxious to get new chicks. Someone promised to send me eggs to hatch. I am a glutton for punishment. I miss having chickens. I am so gratified that MamaHen took Dominique since D is happy and sticking up for herself. Of course, I won't rush out tomorrow for new little ones. I like raising them so they know me.

Since I am so overweight and have gained weight, today is the start of better eating. Maybe I should say--less eating. Weighing less would alleviate the pain in back and knees! The crockpot is still going, so I bought potatoes, carrots, and kale for the next "cooking."  Celery, onions, and bell peppers will be added for flavor. Potatoes are better than what I have been eating. I know what you are thinking. And, yes, I will have something chocolate or sweet every day, just not every hour.

Is it cool at your house tonight? My car ac sure is cold when it is not so hot. My ideal temperature is 80F for the day and 65F during the night. Of course, I am not eager for heating weather. The main thing about the weather these days is the low humidity. I can breathe.

I bought one Christmas present for half price today. Well, it is one part of the gift.

I found my favorite lipstick, Revlon, for $2.50 today at WM! Check your WM. The same lipstick is $8.50 at CVS,

Okay, I am off to eat a salad, take clothes out of dryer, put clothes in dryer from the washer.






6 comments:

  1. It was 48 at my house this morning. Im not ready for the cold. We started a fire in the wood stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      I am not sure how low it got here, but I believe it was high 50s. I still have the ac on because the house holds heat and I need ac to breathe. I certainly don't want to turn on the heat. I could live with ac all year and still have it be relatively cool outdoors.

      Delete
  2. good for you for getting a flu shot !

    ReplyDelete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.