Contact Me

Friday, September 15, 2017

Friday Funk

I awoke about 8:15 and was at the doctor's office 30 minutes later. It was scary driving the way I feel. Since I was sure I had a uti, they had me give a specimen. I was staggering when I came out of the bathroom, sort of stumbling and swaying. What do you know? When I had take about 6 steps, I saw the doctor was watching me as he waited for me. I don't think I had to say much about how horrible I felt.

Yes, I had uti and sinus infection. So, I had to go to WM to pick up prescriptions. While there, I bought two gallons of waters. There is one gallon here. Two of these bottles, when empty, will be refilled at neighbor's faucet if J will help me.

After picking up the meds, I went to Publix because I had no milk. It turned out the half gallons of a2milk were $6/2, so I got two. That saved me $2.56. I will go back next Tuesday before the ad goes off and buy two more half gallons. They are usually $4.28 plus tax for a half gallon.

I finally got someone here from water dept. As it turns out, no one turned off the water. Then, why did flushing the commode once result in a commode not refilling? Why is there no water in faucets? Beats me. The guy was stumped too. He was amazed at the depth of the water. The water is off now, finally.

Someone is coming with a sump pump tomorrow late to help. I hope it helps to drain the water. He said he would get the leak "plugged up" so I could have water. There is no way to figure out what the problem is until the water is out where the location of the leak can be ascertained.

In the meantime, I have partially solved the horrendous bill this month, but it will still be as big the next month because the meter was read on the 8th of Sept. ugh Well, that is a hurdle to cross next month.

All day, I have been up and down, sleeping a bit, watching tv a bit. I need to drink lots more water than I have today. I have no desire to eat or drink anything. I fed Dominique early. She had a bit of water, so tomorrow I will carry a couple of bottles of water to her and partially refill her water.

Writing this has been a long, arduous task, so I will publish and collapse.

8 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry things are so miserable! Rest up and hopefully you will heal quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am resting to the point of doing nothing. The meds will have to take effect. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I hope the meds kick in and you feel much better (at least physically) tomorrow. Ugh! Water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      Thanks. I just took my second dose a few hours ago. It no longer feels like a 1000 lb weight on my body. Now, it feels like 995 lb weight. Ugh and ugh!

      Delete
  3. So sorry about your troubles. Will the water company work with you and spread the high water bill out over some payments? Can you put a leak detector near where you had the leak for future? They are only like $10-15 and will sound an alarm if there is water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ONE,
      No, they cut it off! I never heard of a leak detector. The last place I would expect a leak in the future is the place it is leaking now. However, I am going to look it up. thanks.

      Delete
  4. I am reading this in reverse; I know what' around the corner....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Sometimes, I do that to a bloc. It is interesting.

      Delete

Okay, hoping the annoyances have gone away.